Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror games!!!!

• 06-03-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any good horror games on PS3 people would recomend? :D I have played a few horror games,Iv played siren:blood curse(Really like that game especially how scary it is and the fact you have to hide from the shibito then you get to kill them XD (their really anoying so the joy at the end to kill em feels great XD ) ):D:D and one on the Xbox where you take pictures of ghost( forgotten the name of it) XD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dead Space 1.

2 and 3 are more action and less horror as you go along.

Silent Hill HD collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably have more luck just buying a PS2 and playing Silent Hill 2, Rule of Rose and the like tbh, I don't think this generation has really gotten the substance into their horror titles, being more interested in pretty graphics and aping movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Probably have more luck just buying a PS2 and playing Silent Hill 2, Rule of Rose and the like tbh, I don't think this generation has really gotten the substance into their horror titles, being more interested in pretty graphics and aping movies.

Good luck finding Rule of Rose anywhere, took me weeks to find it for my brothers birthday, had to import it in the end. He'd agree with you though, PS3 was a terrible console for horrors

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Manhunt isn't exactly a horror but the atmospherics in it are top notch and a good few frights so close to a horror I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Was Manhunt not banned?

I would second Dead Space...brown trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

trev179 wrote: »
    Manhunt isn't exactly a horror but the atmospherics in it are top notch and a good few frights so close to a horror I'd say.

I got manhunt on the wii but would you know if its the same? :P

eddhorse wrote: »
    Was Manhunt not banned?

I have heard of dead space quite a lot actually. I seen my friend playing it at his house it seems more of an action game rather than horror. I find a good horror game to have really freaky creatures and really scary atmosphere too keep the game really intense as you play along ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

grumpig wrote: »
    I have heard of dead space quite a lot actually. I seen my friend playing it at his house it seems more of an action game rather than horror. I find a good horror game to have really freaky creatures and really scary atmosphere too keep the game really intense as you play along ;)

Dead Space would be classed as a horror(dark room + headset), the other two are action games.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Siren blood curse is a great game, but since youv played it already op, you should check out silenthill 2, you might even get some fun out of SH Downpour if you can find it for cheap..
    I havnt played part 3, but dead space 1 and 2, theres not really much in the difference between the amount of action in each of them. And none of them are scary, but have great creepy atmosphere and at best afew jump scares here and there. I cant see how anyone would consider the first a horror and the second not. There was just as much action in the first.
    There both the exact same thing pretty much, but i liked the second better for its pacing. and in the first game, once you hit mid point in the game, you basically back track the way you came for the second half of the game, where as the second is always moving to new areas..

If you have a ps2 op, you should check out, the suffering 1, and the thing, and like someone else said, manhunt 1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

trev179 wrote: »

Found the Manhunt games to be terrible. Same crap over and over again and once you seen the crapy death animations there was nothing else to the game.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Found the Manhunt games to be terrible. Same crap over and over again and once you seen the crapy death animations there was nothing else to the game.

Fallout would have some good death animations :D

Siren blood curse is a great game, but since youv played it already op, you should check out silenthill 2, you might even get some fun out of SH Downpour if you can find it for cheap..
    I havnt played part 3, but dead space 1 and 2, theres not really much in the difference between the amount of action in each of them. And none of them are scary, but have great creepy atmosphere and at best afew jump scares here and there. I cant see how anyone would consider the first a horror and the second not. There was just as much action in the first.
    There both the exact same thing pretty much, but i liked the second better for its pacing. and in the first game, once you hit mid point in the game, you basically back track the way you came for the second half of the game, where as the second is always moving to new areas..

If you have a ps2 op, you should check out, the suffering 1, and the thing, and like someone else said, manhunt 1.

haha I would agree it is a good game but the ending I didn't like it because the ending seemed a lot different from most of the actual things you do. Like through the game there was never a need to kill bosses like at the end where you have to kill the guy with a gun fight and killing the last boss with some light saber. Just when I finished it I was lik what kind of ending is that? XD downpour I played the start of it on a 360 but the game was not mine but it seemed good. But the level of how scary it was,was not as much as siren though D: I do have a ps2 but ps2 games are hard to get now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rule of Rose is available at normal money but you are importing it from Europe, checking out ebay.fr/de/and so on will often produce results.
    The PAL version is sold on the continent, and the instructions will be in a european language, but the game itself has English as a language option, as it was quite late when it was pulled from UK/Irish release.
    Here's one in France for €39.90, Link
    You may have to ask him/her to ship to Ireland but most will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dead Space 1.

2 and 3 are more action and less horror as you go along.

Silent Hill HD collection.

Is the Silent Hill HD Collection not full of terrible ports that suck the atmosphere out of the game? Ain't played it myself, but I hear that it really ruins the experience.
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Was Manhunt not banned?

Manhunt 2 was banned here, but the first one was available. I think it disappeared for a little while though.

I thought the original one was incredible. The atmosphere was heavy, and the enemies were terrifying. The sequel, however, was absolutley awful.

I agree with everyone who mentioned the first Dead Space though. I thought it was the scariest game since Silent Hill II.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

deathrider wrote: »
    Is the Silent Hill HD Collection not full of terrible ports that suck the atmosphere out of the game? Ain't played it myself, but I hear that it really ruins the experience.

Manhunt 2 was banned here, but the first one was available. I think it disappeared for a little while though.

I thought the original one was incredible. The atmosphere was heavy, and the enemies were terrifying. The sequel, however, was absolutley awful.

I agree with everyone who mentioned the first Dead Space though. I thought it was the scariest game since Silent Hill II.

SH2 HD collection got patched on the ps3, the 360 didnt get the patch, instead konami offered a refund/game swap or some bs.

I have the collection on the ps3, and they did fix the fog/atmosphere in part 2.... i tryed playing part 3 afew days ago, and i turned it off 20 mins in... idk it just looks bland as fuk, the framerate is a joke and the voice sync is off on all the dialog in the cutscenes.....
    it might be worth picking up for part 2 if you can get a good deal on it...

"I thought the original one was incredible. The atmosphere was heavy, and the enemies were terrifying. The sequel, however, was absolutley awful."

fully agree, manhunt 1 was a gem, i didnt bother with part 2 though.

I disagree with you comparing DS1 to SH2, silent hills psychological head f*&* horror is on a different level then anything dead space ever done, or ever could do. dead space is a good action/survival horror more comparable to resi games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

What about Alan Wake - ok not a really scary one - but turn off the lights and boost the surround sound - not too awful and quite cheap now I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Taltos wrote: »
    What about Alan Wake - ok not a really scary one - but turn off the lights and boost the surround sound - not too awful and quite cheap now I would think.
    Isn't Alan Wake only on Xbox and PC?

But you guys are right tho PS3 is really lacking on the horror genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry - you are right. :(
    Have both so got confused there.

I disagree with you comparing DS1 to SH2, silent hills psychological head f*&* horror is on a different level then anything dead space ever done, or ever could do. dead space is a good action/survival horror more comparable to resi games

They are two different beasts, to be sure. However, Dead Space was the first game that really scared me since Silent Hill II. Even though it's a different kettle of fish, and it shook me in a different way to SHII, no game in between them had quite the same effect on me. Both are terrifying, I reckon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dead Space is just dumb jump scares. There's no comparison to Silent Hill 2.

• Advertisement

Dead Space is just dumb jump scares. There's no comparison to Silent Hill 2.

I'm not comparing them. I said they were two different animals. I'm simply stating that there were no games I played in between these two releases that scared me as much as these did. Therefore, I believe that one is the scariest game I've played since the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Play the PSN game Limbo, Not really horror-y but has a dark mood and atmosphere and if you play it alone in the dark with gaming headphones, it amounts to quite an eerie, creepy crawly, grainy black and white platformer Game. Well worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Oh and watever you dont buy Amy from the psn store ... don't be tempted by the low price. there's a reason it's low.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get a low end pc, and play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

And understand what real horror is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dark Souls is the best survival horror this generation. Well it's the only game that comes close to being a survival horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

FEAR was a pretty good game, i enjoyed the first one.

FEAR was a pretty good game, i enjoyed the first one.

I've only ever played the second one. I expected a horror, I got just another bland shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deathrider wrote: »
    I've only ever played the second one. I expected a horror, I got just another bland shooter.

I LOVED FEAR1 and i could not even push myself to finish 10% of FEAR2. Such a shame after a briliant FEAR1. :( You should get that. I remember AI was damn fantastic in it too.

I still would Recomend Dead Space 1 and 2. Yes, Yes, dead space 2 became more action paced, but it is still great game. I think its strongest point is Location you are being thrown at. Enemies are very cool too. Both MUST play if Horror survival is something person looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Get a low end pc, and play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

And understand what real horror is :P

Funny thing about this one. I love my horror survival games, but i found this one boring as **** and not scary at all :(

• Advertisement

I LOVED FEAR1 and i could not even push myself to finish 10% of FEAR2. Such a shame after a briliant FEAR1. :( You should get that. I remember AI was damn fantastic in it too.

I might give the first one a spin then. Is it out on Xbox360?

Advertisement