Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late for the Gaeltacht?

• 06-03-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi :) (long time lurker, first time poster :p)

I'm in 5th year at the moment, and I really want to go to the Gaeltacht this summer because I think my Irish could do with some improving.. :P anyway, my friends and I were planning on going but they dropped to ordinary level and no longer feel the need to go and now I'm on my own :( but as a result, I neglected applying.. Til now.. :/ is it still possible that there are still places available on good Gaeltacht courses? I'm still trying to get some other friends to go with me instead :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Yes I know someone who managed to get a spot in June to what is a busy enough place so I'm guessing at least somewhere has I few spots for you. I can't really direct you to any specific place but I reckon you'll have a good chance of finding somewhere if you do it by the end of this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Coláiste Ó Direáin normally accepts applicants at this time, and I can vouch for it, I've been going there since summer 2009 :') You should definitely go for it! It's a small college on Inis Mór, there's never normally more than 100-120. During my first year there was only 65 and it was great because everyone knew everyone and my Irish has improved dramatically since then, most noticeably after that first year. It's definitely not too late! Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

Im sure there are a lot of places left, I'm going to Colaiste Lurgan in the summer and im sure theres a few places left!

Advertisement