Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say hi to our new mod!

• 06-03-2013 9:40pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    It is with pleasure that I officially announce the appointment of our new mod! Woohooo!
    A warm welcome, and drumroll please.......

It's Anniehoo!

Welcome on board Anniehoo! :pac::cool::D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Welcome to the asylum ahem forum!!!

Nice to have you onboard Anniehoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well HOWYA FOLKS that was some surprise to get the PM today. I'm delighted as i loooove this forum and was the reason i joined Boards all those years ago. :D

I'm far tooo excited to see my username in BOLD than is normal i think ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

Ooo congrats anniehoo! Well deserved :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ah congrats Annie. Try not to let the power go to your head! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

YEY! Congrats Anniehoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Welcome on board anniehoo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Congrats :D Is there a rule whoever ends up setting up the secret santa thread becomes a mod? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Congratulations Anniehoo:)

Congrats :D Is there a rule whoever ends up setting up the secret santa thread becomes a mod? :P

Yes it's punishment, I mean reward :p

Yep! Apparently this is what you get for being Santy ;):p

• Advertisement

Well I suppose if you're responsible enough to be santa taking on a whole forum can't be too hard :P Actually speaking of mods, what ever happened to Zapperzy? Never see her posting anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Anniehoo,

Just a couple of questions. What's your opinion on breeding rescue dogs and tail docking? ;)

The very best of luck to you, well done!

Gloomster!

Well I suppose if you're responsible enough to be santa taking on a whole forum can't be too hard

I agree! *waits for inbox to explode* :D

You're sooooo on for Secret Santa Part Quatre missus :p

anniehoo wrote: »
    I agree! *waits for inbox to explode* :D

You're sooooo on for Secret Santa Part Quatre missus :p

I think I shall mysteriously go missing from after halloween until new years :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congrats and good luck :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I was never Secret Santa? Does this mean I'm going to be fired? :eek::eek:

Hmmm, we will need a a Secret Santa IV for 2013... hmmmmmmm
    *looks at person who has just drawn attention to herself*

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Congrats from my side, too :)

Just a couple of questions. What's your opinion on breeding rescue dogs and tail docking?

The top 2 questions EVER to see a thread descend into chaos within 10 posts. I heart you :D

You know the score though!!;)

As a Mod (:D) and for the longterm posters (and lurkers) you should have an idea of my style by now. I love cats and dogs....EQUALLY. But, and this is a massive BUT, this forum is NOT and should not be just about cats and dogs. We have a few posters who are i'll bet, feeling a bit on the outskirts with their rodents & lagomorphs for example,who also need the same time and attention too. We need MORE of you. I would love to learn more about your pets please and i encourage you to post more questions/photos etc... i don't know enough.;)

Seriously,in my "real life" job and "volunteer life" i try to understand how and why so many species of animal have become peoples "pets" .Whilst i might not agree here in API i ALWAYS try and see their point of view and then post if i feel it's constructive.

Remember folks, anyone who takes the time and effort to log on, post and ask a question DESERVES an informed response (as much as it might wreck your head :D) . If they've asked something that to you is so ridiculously inane i.e. "i want to breed from my 2 year old springer spaniel who's never had puppies", and you are bursting at the seams with info of "pounds/puppyfarms/shelters" etc...hold back.

When YOU post YOU are responsible for making this place work. YOU (yes i'm capitalising) are what make people come back to ask more. Please take a breath,think about the question & try and put yourselves in their shoes....and THEN respond!!!

Thanks and Please ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Actually speaking of mods, what ever happened to Zapperzy? Never see her posting anymore!

I was wondering that too when I seen this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Congrats anniehoo, delighted to see you're being BOLD! :)

As per your post instructions (you are now a mod you can demand what you want), I will be posting some rodent pics later, girls are all snoozy at the moment and need time to look good for their photo shoot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

anniehoo wrote: »
    As a Mod (:D) and for the longterm posters (and lurkers) you should have an idea of my style by now. I love cats and dogs....EQUALLY. But, and this is a massive BUT, this forum is NOT and should not be just about cats and dogs. We have a few posters who are i'll bet, feeling a bit on the outskirts with their rodents & lagomorphs for example,who also need the same time and attention too. We need MORE of you. I would love to learn more about your pets please and i encourage you to post more questions/photos etc... i don't know enough.;)

+1 for this! I've only ever had cats and dogs as pets, apart from a budgie when I was a child. However reading about other people's experiences with their hamsters and rats and other "unusual" pets has made me realise that these animals have real personalities and can bond with their owners just like a dog or cat. Would love to learn more about them!

Also, congrats Anniehoo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Great news Anniehoo, congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miker1983

Welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Gratz :) Your job shouldn't be too strenuous, this forum is usually quite well behaved :) (in contrast to some of our pets :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

morgana wrote: »
    Gratz :) Your job shouldn't be too strenuous, this forum is usually quite well behaved :) (in contrast to some of our pets :P)

hehehe stick around! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

morgana wrote: »
    Gratz :) Your job shouldn't be too strenuous, this forum is usually quite well behaved

:-o

Whispered wrote: »
    hehehe stick around! :p
    DBB wrote: »
    :-o

My thoughts exactly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Congrats anniehoo.

Annimals/pets are what make a house a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

congratulations :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

wow a another mod yipeee:D:D

Advertisement