Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time wasters on dungdeal

• 06-03-2013 10:50pm

Due to various reasons Ive decided to sell my bike,
    Dont want to but its not financially viable at the moment keeping the car too.
    So I have it up on done deal and the amount of saps ringing/texting me is unreal!
    this clown has been badgering me all day saying s hite like.
    "im going to see a newer better one than yours later and its cheaper"
    I told him to go buy it so.
    then hes back onto me offering 850 below asking!I stopped replying to him then and he starts texting me off another number.

another fella said he'd come for a look tonight and never showed up.
    pain in the swiss and its only day 2

anyway heres a link to if if its allowed.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4670972

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice bike, but yeah - lots of idiots out there wanting something for nothing. Twats!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

I bought a pay as you go sim for an old phone I had lying around for done deal ads. Saves those annoying calls at all hours. Unfortunately there's nothing you can really do to stop the time wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

urbanledge wrote: »
    Due to various reasons Ive decided to sell my bike,
    Dont want to but its not financially viable at the moment keeping the car too.
    So I have it up on done deal and the amount of saps ringing/texting me is unreal!
    this clown has been badgering me all day saying s hite like.
    "im going to see a newer better one than yours later and its cheaper"
    I told him to go buy it so.
    then hes back onto me offering 850 below asking!I stopped replying to him then and he starts texting me off another number.

another fella said he'd come for a look tonight and never showed up.
    pain in the swiss and its only day 2

anyway heres a link to if if its allowed.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4670972

Seen this bike in the flesh and its a cracker...GLWS

Good idea about the sim!
    Will be doing that in future

Cheers wonda boy, gonna miss it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

jvan wrote: »
    I bought a pay as you go sim for an old phone I had lying around for done deal ads. Saves those annoying calls at all hours. Unfortunately there's nothing you can really do to stop the time wasters.

Just this. I have TWO of them on the go in case I have to switch one off for a month to get rid of some messer.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Yeah some of the junk you get offered for a swap. I was once offered a boat trailer for my r1100.

Good idea with the payg sim. I've a bike on donedeal now and not even getting crank calls, better drop the price.

GLWS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Just this. I have TWO of them on the go in case I have to switch one off for a month to get rid of some messer.

'c

What like someone who signs all their texts off?

'k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Throw it up on adverts. I dont sell anything on donedeal anymore. Sold my bike there last week got a great deal on it and had no messing about at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Doylers wrote: »
    Throw it up on adverts. I dont sell anything on donedeal anymore. Sold my bike there last week got a great deal on it and had no messing about at all.

I've found the opposite, more wasters on adverts..

• Advertisement

Deffo more lowballers on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

But you can set a minimum price so you wont ever get and stupid offers 1000 below asking price. Which stops alot of them right away. Then refuses all swaps. Works perfect for me anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I always state absolutely everything about the bike up front, state that the price is firm and that bargain hunters/ trade buyers needn't apply.

The phone will be quieter but you want buyers not callers. That's all you can do. Your choice is hassle of time wasters or a smaller sum by using someone in the trade.

Bikes gone :'(

I think its gone to a good home tho!
    Best of luck to the new owner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

urbanledge wrote: »
    Bikes gone :'(

I think its gone to a good home tho!
    Best of luck to the new owner!!

For the amount of time wasters you sure managed to sell it quick! :)

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    For the amount of time wasters you sure managed to sell it quick! :)

The good ones never last long :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Put mine up on Donedeal last night. Sold it today.

Advertisement