Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block ports on netopia 2247NWG?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently sharing a connection with other housemates who wish to hog up all of our 5mb line for themselves with heavy internet usage: Such as downloading large files (legally). 

I wish to block the site they download from. I have the port number that the site uses to work however I cannot get my head around how to actually block said port number.

The main reason I wish to do this is because a speedtest prior to removal of said ports was 0.25meg. After it shot up to 4.5meg on a 5meg line.

Really ridiculous the disregard people have when using an internet connection to others also using it;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi, I'm currently sharing a connection with other housemates who wish to hog up all of our 5mb line for themselves with heavy internet usage: Such as downloading large files (legally). 

I wish to block the site they download from. I have the port number that the site uses to work however I cannot get my head around how to actually block said port number.

The main reason I wish to do this is because a speedtest prior to removal of said ports was 0.25meg. After it shot up to 4.5meg on a 5meg line.

Really ridiculous the disregard people have when using an internet connection to others also using it;
    Hi Steviemoyne

I'm afraid we cannot assist you here with this query however if you call our broadband technical support them on 1890 260 260 they may be able to shed some light on this for you.

Regards

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Does your tech support possibly have a freephone number? Or a 1850 number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Does your tech support possibly have a freephone number? Or a 1850 number?

Hi Steviemoyne

You may be re-directed to broadband support if you call phone line connections department on free phone 1901 option 3 and then option 2 and then option 3.

Regards

Al

Advertisement