Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Phone problem

Options
  • 06-03-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi

The touchscreen on my htc one x is not working correctly and when I rang emobile today to arrange to have it collected I was told I would need to return it to my nearest Emobile store but that is over 1.5hrs away and I would also have to collect it there.

I bought the bloody thing over the phone and I do not want to drive a 3 hr round trip twice with a faulty phone that you supplied me with.

It is also crap at connecting to the pc and keeps disconnecting if it manages to connect at all to I can't even back up my data properly.

Please tell me you can arrange for the phone to be picked up at my home.

Regards

An irate loopymum

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi

The touchscreen on my htc one x is not working correctly and when I rang emobile today to arrange to have it collected I was told I would need to return it to my nearest Emobile store but that is over 1.5hrs away and I would also have to collect it there.

I bought the bloody thing over the phone and I do not want to drive a 3 hr round trip twice with a faulty phone that you supplied me with.

It is also crap at connecting to the pc and keeps disconnecting if it manages to connect at all to I can't even back up my data properly.

Please tell me you can arrange for the phone to be picked up at my home.

Regards

An irate loopymum
    Hi loopymum,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your handset. If you wish to send your phone away for repair you can either take the phone to a store as you advised you were told on a call to our customer care team. The store would be able issue you with a replacement phone while your phone is sent away for repair. Alternatively you can post your phone to our repair company directly
    The MPRC repair centre is located: MPRC Cellular House, 1 Sandyford Park Sandyford Industrial Estate Sandyford Dublin 18

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi loopymum,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your handset. If you wish to send your phone away for repair you can either take the phone to a store as you advised you were told on a call to our customer care team. The store would be able issue you with a replacement phone while your phone is sent away for repair. Alternatively you can post your phone to our repair company directly
    The MPRC repair centre is located: MPRC Cellular House, 1 Sandyford Park Sandyford Industrial Estate Sandyford Dublin 18

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne

I am only getting around to sending phone away now due to family issues.

Can you tell me if I need to put anything in with the phone or with information I am required to send with it? They will be able to tell it's still under warranty?
    My preference is to post it without going to a store.

Full and detailed instructions would be appreciated

Thanks

Loopy

Thanks Grainne

I am only getting around to sending phone away now due to family issues.

Can you tell me if I need to put anything in with the phone or with information I am required to send with it? They will be able to tell it's still under warranty?
    My preference is to post it without going to a store.

Full and detailed instructions would be appreciated

Thanks

Loopy
    Hi Loopy,

When you are sending your phone away for repair it is imperative that you back up everything on your phone.

The reason for this is once your handset is repaired the phone memory is wiped and it will not be possible to retrieve any of the information.

If you are posting the phone you will need to provide a return address.

All the details required can be found on this link here: http://www.mprc.ie/PhoneReturn.aspx

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks Grainne, is there an emobile in Wilton, Cork?  I can't see it on the emobile website but it's in my head that is it there, that might be doable. 
     if I did return it to a store, do you have any idea of the type of handset loaned?

Thanks

Christine

Thanks Grainne, is there an emobile in Wilton, Cork?  I can't see it on the emobile website but it's in my head that is it there, that might be doable. 
     if I did return it to a store, do you have any idea of the type of handset loaned?

Thanks

Christine
    Hi Christine,

There is a dual branded store in Wilton that you can go to. The loan handset would be a basic handset that allows you to send texts and make calls.

Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement