Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lightweight Racers

• 06-03-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

How are things lads, i`m looking to get a new pair of lightweight runners for races but on a limited budget (<70E) so prob gonna order off sportshoes.com

At the moment it`s a toss up between four models and was just looking for feedback from anyone that has had these in the past. Looking to find out about weight especially as they will only be used for 5 and 10 k`s. The lighter the better but keeping in mind I don`t want a model that will fall apart in two months either.

Asics GEL-DS Racer
    Asics GEL- Hyperspeed 5 Racer
    Saucony Grid Fastwitch 5
    Saucony Type A5 Racing

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

racers are generally cheaper anyway
    http://www.amphibianking.ie/index.php?cPath=27
    lots of shoes for 70-80 euro there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

From a personal standpoint I have had three of these shoes and have to say I was impressed with the DS Racers and the Fasttwitch

Don't race in them mind you just for workouts

Never took to the hyperspeeds raced once in them and never really wore them again just never felt right

Even if you are buying online would advise going into a shop and trying to see how they feel on before buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The DS Racer and Fastwitch are a little more durable because there is more body to them as shoes. By design and weight savings a racing flat doesn't last long relative to a regular trainer but then I know plenty of people who do all their training and racing in Fastwitch, Brooks ST5 etc and maybe just an extra pair needed in the course of a year is all thats needed.

If you are only racing 5 and 10k you will get a hell of a lot of races for a 150-200mile shoe in the Type A5 and you won't get a whole lot lighter than that & still have 'some' foot protection.

Advertisement