Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got an email offering to switch to Eircom Broadband only without Phoneline

Options
  • 06-03-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

I got an email ostensibly from eircom saying I don't use my phoneline and can switch to broadband only at a lower cost. It seems a bit weird, why would you email me offering to lower my bill?! I also Googled the freephone number and could find no information.

Is this legit? I would love to get rid of my phoneline and line rental but I don't want to switch broadband providers, I need the relative reliability of eircom.

Here's the text of the email:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing eircom. As a valued customer, we want to make sure that you are getting the best value from us. From a recent review of your home phone account, we have noticed that you use very little of your monthly allowance on calls. As you are also a Broadband customer, you now have an option to avail of a Broadband service on its own by cancelling your home phone service.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What do I do next?[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are interested in cancelling your home phone service and switching to Broadband only, please call us on 1800 504 110 today and we can set this up for you. Once you switch, you will pay €35 a month for 8MB and €40 a month for 24MB.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yours sincerely,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve Stewart
    Director of Sales and Service
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note, this product is not suitable if you require your home phone service for emergency calls, have a monitored alarm or require the option to make and receive calls.[/font]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I got an email ostensibly from eircom saying I don't use my phoneline and can switch to broadband only at a lower cost. It seems a bit weird, why would you email me offering to lower my bill?! I also Googled the freephone number and could find no information.

Is this legit? I would love to get rid of my phoneline and line rental but I don't want to switch broadband providers, I need the relative reliability of eircom.

Here's the text of the email:
    Its legit, capped at 20Gb though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi georgiecasey

I have sent you a private message in response to your above query.

Kind regards

Al

Advertisement