Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX 360] ultimate team league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Anyone else get any games played lads?

@kearnzy7 should be online for a while later if your around??

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

utw3.jpg

Sorry lads, have been extremely busy this week, myself and the other lads that didn't fulfil there fixtures will have to have done by Next Friday otherwise we drop points, and ive posted Week 3s fixtures there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

callxxofxxfifa 0 - 2 Captain Kenzo.

Interesting game. I missed a peno (hit the bar, shocking stuff) but managed to score a scrappy enough goal to go 1 up. There was a panic station 2 minutes in the 2nd half when i think i made about 5 last gasp blocks of almost certain goals. I then hit the post which rolled across and hit the other post and came out. Thought it could cost me but a counter attack goal sealed it late on. Fun game.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    callxxofxxfifa 0 - 2 Captain Kenzo.

Interesting game. I missed a peno (hit the bar, shocking stuff) but managed to score a scrappy enough goal to go 1 up. There was a panic station 2 minutes in the 2nd half when i think i made about 5 last gasp blocks of almost certain goals. I then hit the post which rolled across and hit the other post and came out. Thought it could cost me but a counter attack goal sealed it late on. Fun game.

Tough tough game! So hard to break down! And uses the ball well! Could have easily had 4 or 5 more so losing two nil wasn't so bad in the end! I better invest in some quicker strikers to try and catch him out in the return fixture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Tough tough game! So hard to break down! And uses the ball well! Could have easily had 4 or 5 more so losing two nil wasn't so bad in the end! I better invest in some quicker strikers to try and catch him out in the return fixture!!

I actually usually do ok against pacey strikers but i can really struggle against high def workrate CDMs and high attk workrate CB's in the central position of 3 at the back. The combination is very good at closing down the CAM in a 3-5-2 which usually lets me dictate the tempo of the game. This forces me to bring forward my own CDM's leaving gaps people can exploit. Its a major flaw in my game (alongside my awful attempts at skills, need to sort that out!!!) that i'm working on trying to improve.

Really enjoying the league so far. I should be online for a game tonight after 10.30 and tomorrow evening for most of it if Liamalone is online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I actually usually do ok against pacey strikers but i can really struggle against high def workrate CDMs and high attk workrate CB's in the central position of 3 at the back. The combination is very good at closing down the CAM in a 3-5-2 which usually lets me dictate the tempo of the game. This forces me to bring forward my own CDM's leaving gaps people can exploit. Its a major flaw in my game (alongside my awful attempts at skills, need to sort that out!!!) that i'm working on trying to improve.

Really enjoying the league so far. I should be online for a game tonight after 10.30 and tomorrow evening for most of it if Liamalone is online...

Booked ye in for 22:35 bud :)

I thought id try a bit of skill in the second half as nothing else was working against you, but you didn't give me time on the ball!!! lol

Callxxofxxfifa 2 - 3 dazmac82

Great match. Crazy first 6 mins...I scored a scrappy goal then conceded a penalty 3 mins later. I went 2-1 up midway through 1st half after his keeper spilled it.

He pulled it back to 2-2 on 55 mins but I managed to get the 3rd on 81 mins for the win.
    Real close game can't wait for the rematch!!

Liamalone 1 -1 Captain Kenzo

A decent game with both sides going for it to no avail, both goals came from set pieces. I took a 42nd minute lead with a Kompany header from a corner, the guy on the line controlled it into the net! Kenzo equalised from a penalty, whilst breaking away from an opposition corner some hur waited for Fellaini to barge into the back of him, penalty given!

Defences on top really. gg chap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Orderly Muffin, when do you want to get this week's game going? I should be about tonight from 7 onwards tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

Should be on tonight, sometime after 8. An early season 6-pointer relegation battle.

Orderly Muffin 2 - 2 FrankFiveAngels.

Good, tense game, he went 1 up, got it back to 1-1 with a screamer from Sanchez and then had a fair few chances but didn't put them away. Reus then sneaks away and buries one and I'm 2-1 down in the 90th minute but then Benzema stepped up and curled one into the bottom corner to level it. The nerves are shot!

Hahaha loving the reviews and the drama that's going with this league!! Next week is the start of the business end of the season!! Lol

Yeah lad it's a good bit of craic alright!! Fair play for getting it going!!

@kearnzy7 when suits you to get our match played. I'm pretty much free for the next few days. Just let me know.

Yeah lad it's a good bit of craic alright!! Fair play for getting it going!!

@kearnzy7 when suits you to get our match played. I'm pretty much free for the next few days. Just let me know.

No worries bro I'm glad everyone's enjoying it! I was talking to him today and his Xbox live has expired so I'll make sure you get an extension to play him and everyone else as it's only fair

Orderly Muffin 2 - 2 FrankFiveAngels.

Good, tense game, he went 1 up, got it back to 1-1 with a screamer from Sanchez and then had a fair few chances but didn't put them away. Reus then sneaks away and buries one and I'm 2-1 down in the 90th minute but then Benzema stepped up and curled one into the bottom corner to level it. The nerves are shot!

Never mind the nerves my controller was nearly smashed against the wall, chasing my 1st win I go 2 - 1 up against you just as the board goes up with 2 minutes stoppage time, all I need to do is keep the ball instead I lose it and get hit on the break and concede with the last kick of the game.

Week 4.jpg

What an exciting week we have!!!! Top of the table clash between Captain Kenzo and Dazmac82!!! Bottom of the table scrap between Liamalone and Orderlymuffin! And mid table battle between myself and the other 3 boys!!:eek:

Much as I would like to claim a draw against Liamalone, he did beat me 5-3. The score you have for our match in week 2 is wrong Mark :) I also noticed the match between meself and OrderlyMuffin is down as 1-1, should read 2-2. Not that it matters, but goals scored could be the difference between a wooden spoon and the glory of second last place!!

Much as I would like to claim a draw against Liamalone, he did beat me 5-3. The score you have for our match in week 2 is wrong Mark :) I also noticed the match between meself and OrderlyMuffin is down as 1-1, should read 2-2. Not that it matters, but goals scored could be the difference between a wooden spoon and the glory of second last place!!

Lol no worries mate I'll ammend them when I get a chance mate

In fairness liamalone got a draw against the might captain kenzo! He might just be human after all!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers Frankie5Angels, my Goals Against column wasnt looking bad enough there. :pac:

OrderlyMuffin

FR sent, about tonight at all for our game?

Liamalone wrote: »
    FR sent, about tonight at all for our game?

No problem, should be around tonight from 8 on.

No problem, should be around tonight from 8 on.

Good stuff!

liamalone, I wont get on tonight but should be good for tomorrow night and the rest of the week.

liamalone, I wont get on tonight but should be good for tomorrow night and the rest of the week.

Wednesday should be good for me, out Tues and Thurs night.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Wednesday should be good for me, out Tues and Thurs night.

Wednesday it is.

Skyflyer, I'm about tonight after 9.30 or so, but would prefer to leave it till tomorrow so I can get on earlier (and be less tired!!). How you fixed?

OrderlyMuffin 2 - 1 Liamalone

A thoroughly undeserved victory, after an uneventful first 20 mins played out in the midfield Liamalone started to pile on some serious pressure and got his reward through a Podolski header, after that it was backs to the wall for myself and was lucky to go in at half time just the 1 down thanks to Weidenfeller. Second half continued much the same with some resolute defending combined with a healthy dose of blind luck. After an hour I finally had my first shot on target, a trademark Falcao header soon followed by a Modric tap-in to make it 2 - 1, the game got stretched towards the end but I managed to hold out...just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Hey Lads,

Sorry havent been playin my games, if ya add me tonight whoever needs to I'll play yas tomorrow! couldn't get on cause RL hit the fan - be online after 9 30pm till 2am

Advertisement