Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap GYM- Weights Cork City

Options
  • 07-03-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Lads. Just wondering if someone can tell me the name of a cheap gym in Cork City. As in not far out. Looking for something that has a good free weights section. Squat rack etc.. nothing to plush needed. Dont mind as long as its on the cheaper end.

All the best,

TP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Fitton Street in the city centre (near College of Commerce on Fitton Street) is a lifter gym with a lot of free weights, not sure of the opening times but from I can remember its not very epensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

If you want a cheap gym,,you can have Riversedge just off Sullivan's Quay...But your going to get what you pay for there.

Other than that,,,as suggested above....Or you'd have the new place on Tramore Rd..(Fitness Worx,,I think..)

Or Leisureworld in Bishopstown....Both of those you can get to by Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

How does Riversedge compare to Fitton Street?

Just really looking for GYMS closer to the city center. Thanks for all the applies by the way!!
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

Topcat1234 wrote: »

Just really looking for GYMS closer to the city center. Thanks for all the applies by the way!!
    Much appreciated.

*REPLIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

*REPLIES!
    Why not call in for a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Much appreciated.

No idea there as I never knew of a gym in Fitton St. Don't even know where that is,to be honest.

All I meant was Riversedge gym is tiny,,and the free weights area is only big enough for about 2 or 3 people at the same time.

Plus,,they don't have a "free squat" area,it's 2 "Smith" machines only.

Advertisement