Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Brother MFC-845CW wont print!

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

My Brother MFC-845CW wont print!

Here is what is happening: I send a job to the printer viva wireless and/or wired network and it chugs along nicely as if connected and printing, it expels the paper, but nothing is printed on the page.

The only problem I can think of is that my nephew gave me the printer because I only need a printer occasionally and all I use is the black. He told me at the time though that the colour print head was broken. That said I had got the machine printing when I first set it up about four weeks ago and I haven't been back to it since

What could be the matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

Print head is probably clogged with dried up ink. cleaning with the software might help, but in most cases it should be removed and cleaned by hand

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Gormal wrote: »
    Print head is probably clogged with dried up ink. cleaning with the software might help, but in most cases it should be removed and cleaned by hand
    Level of difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

simple enough if you know how to remove the print head.

If you have Rubbing Alcohol and a lint free cloth you could try removing all the inks, cleaning the print nozzles with swobs that have been dipped in the alcohol. Wait for the alcohol to dry/evaporate then re-install the cartridges and leave it overnight.

If not you can use warm water and blot the nozzles until it looks like the ink is coming through again.

Remember to do an alignment etc after putting the head and cartridges back in and a nozzle check to see if it helped.

Advertisement