Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Mothers day?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

My wife will hopefully be enjoying her first mothers day this year along with our 6 month old. In not too sure what to do and I'm looking for recommendations.

The weather doesn't look great for the weekend so it will have to be mostly indoors. Food will also be required!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Afternoon tea! You could go all out and go to the Shelbourne, which I think is 50e for two people, The Merrion is a similar price, however The Westin is about 30 for two people and the Atrium room there is so beautiful!

You'd need to book it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

My wife will hopefully be enjoying her first mothers day this year along with our 6 month old. In not too sure what to do and I'm looking for recommendations.

The weather doesn't look great for the weekend so it will have to be mostly indoors. Food will also be required!

Congratulations on the new little one :) If your wife is anything like my mum was, she'll be absolutely exhausted most of the time with a child that age! What we got for her was a spa package, breakfast in bed, take away and basically anything else to help her chill out, she was over the moon with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Afternoon tea is a great idea. Organise someone to mind the baba for a few hours and she can relax for a while.
    The westbury is supposed to do a really good one, but it's not cheap, €30 a person:
    http://www.doylecollection.com/locations/dublin_hotels/the_westbury_hotel/eat__drink/afternoon_tea.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Cienciano wrote: »
    Afternoon tea is a great idea. Organise someone to mind the baba for a few hours and she can relax for a while.
    The westbury is supposed to do a really good one, but it's not cheap, €30 a person:
    http://www.doylecollection.com/locations/dublin_hotels/the_westbury_hotel/eat__drink/afternoon_tea.aspx

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately all of the afternoon teas are booked out apart from the Clarence which doesn't sound like its the best.

Now looking for a good standard Sunday lunch venue (Rolys bistro esque). Again that is proving difficult to find. Would like one in the Dublin 2 area. She wants the baby with us. He is very placid so is no bother in restaurants once he is fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just beware there is a popular English Premier match on about 4pm'ish on Sunday, yes its bloody annoying how pubs blast out the footie, ruins any chance of a quite drink with your loved ones.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement