Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband help needed

• 07-03-2013 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

My broadband (paltry 3MB) has been dropping out increasingly of late. It's hardly ever on between 4pm and 9pm, so no broadband, skype, netflix etc etc. I had an Eircom engineer out this morning (very nice helpful guy who is a credit to this much maligned company) and he tested the line outside and inside and found no faults. However he said that perhaps the problem could be due to the fact that my phone line runs off to several different phone points in the house and so he suggested that I run a new line from the main eircom cable in the junction box outside the house to where my modem is and see if that works. Of course, this might not be the issue and congestion could be the cause, but I might as well rule out an internal fault first. Running the cable won't be a problem and will only take an hour or so.

Can anyone let me know where I'd get good quality telephone cable in the north Kildare/Dublin area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe ted johnstons in naas,

Advertisement