Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal monopoly??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

guys - just one comment on paypal - I like to use it as it means I'm not using my credit card directly - and its an extra layer of protection between my banking stuff and the internet.
    What it doesn't do is offer you ironclad protection if you buy from an arbitrary website on the web.
    I had a problem before - with a company going into liquidation in the US that i ordered from and paid thru paypal - I had no protection/recompense to get my money back - just in case you think (like I did) that if there's a problem you get an immediate refund

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055946393

I believe you still get your CC protection benefits if using it to fund paypal account. You centainly do in cases of fraud. Recinded payments is an issue for merchants in cases where a CC has been used fradulently. If a CC company requests the money back paypal has no option/say in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therecruit

I believe you still get your CC protection benefits if using it to fund paypal account. You centainly do in cases of fraud. Recinded payments is an issue for merchants in cases where a CC has been used fradulently. If a CC company requests the money back paypal has no option/say in it.

You don't loose any protection using PayPal with your credit . If you file a chargeback PayPal will dispute it with your card issuer.

Their are alternatives but PayPal is probly the only one you can open in 5 minutes without a merchant account and credit check.

In relation to their growth as mentioned square is not in Europe yet ''PayPal Here'' will be out this summer. Have a look at any PayPal/eBay investor reports year on year growth is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

paypal here... wow https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

A tiny card reader and an app for your mobile phone. Basically its' a wireless credit card processor for your phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

grindle wrote: »
    You'll have to complain to retailers and show them an option that provides the same service and takes less money from them - PayPal have done some things to raise ire but in general they're not winning the competition because they're bullies, they're winning because nobody else is providing their service as efficiently or cheaply.

The seller pays the fee if you don't.

Oh crap, really? You learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

PayPal: Website payment
    Transaction charge: 1.9% - 3.4% + €0.35 EUR
    Sage Pay Go
    Transaction charge: €0.15 (More than 1000 transactions per quarter)
    Worldpay: Business Gateway Plus
    Transaction charge: 3.95% on the value of all transactions e.g. credit and charge cards.

Sage looks like a good option, but like Vaperus said earlier most payment gateway / merchant accounts won't allow e-cig companies to trade using their services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement