Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2013

• 07-03-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

So whos going or watching?

Im heading over with Cooper on Saturday to show on Sunday. My two friends are over there at the moment and one is showing her Staffie today and the other is showing her Shar Pei's tomorrow so im waiting to hear the results today with baited breath!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I have it set to record on more4 as I don't have that channel while away on placement, really looking forward to watching at the weekend, will keep an eye out for cooper on the telly :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Heading over tonight for tomorrow so will miss you Andrea but best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks a mill. I highly doubt i will get on the telly,lol, as that means i would have had to get Best of Breed and its so hard in Rottweilers but you never know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love watching the fly ball but feel sorry for the dogs who lose :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh yes!! Never miss Crufts on the telly...

Used to go years ago when it was on at Earls Court on Working Dogs day . One of these days, we'll be able to afford to go over to the NEC. Particularly interested in the Dobies and Shih Tzu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I'll watch the flyball, agility and obedience, but tbh the rest of it is mostly a parade of dogs with overly exaggerated features and based far too much on what they look like. Interesting how it's creeping back on TV again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Best of luck Cooper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

gimmick wrote: »
    I love watching the fly ball but feel sorry for the dogs who lose :(

I don't. The dogs don't know that they've lost, they've just had a ripping good time.

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. I highly doubt i will get on the telly,lol, as that means i would have had to get Best of Breed and its so hard in Rottweilers but you never know!!

I have good faith in him he gave me such good cuddles at the pet expo, he's just lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Was Crufts not banned from tv? As with every other, year I wont be watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No it's not and never has been. I think you're thinking of the BBC who used to show Crufts, but stopped in 2007 or 2008. Can't remember which year, but it was after the programme showing the puppy farms and the over-breeding of dogs.

Channel 4/More4 have had the rights ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

What channel is it being shown on?

Its on More 4 in the evenings and i think its on Channel 4 on Sunday night for Best In Show.

Anyone interested in showing the live streaming can watch here. Its the main arena and has the obedience, dancing to music etc.

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.php/89209

Flyball on now on that link!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm here at Crufts having a coffee break. All shopped out

Knine wrote: »
    I'm here at Crufts having a coffee break. All shopped out

Are any of your dogs in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

at the chance of being scorned, i think the whole thing is a bit wrong (except for the agility runs). i think shows like this have ruined the health of some breeds. i believe each dog that is entered is loved and is part of a family but who says that one breed of dog should like this and not like that. what happens to the dogs that are bread from these dogs that aren't "perfect future show winners". ok let the backlash begin

ps i do like looking at the sheepdog trials, they are talented dogs not the perfect show winner dogs.

I dont want this thread to turn into a debate on Crufts etc, it has been done before. Its merely a thread for people to chat about going or watching it, so im not going to get into any debate about showing etc.

So whos going, watching etc?

i won't be watching and my previous comment is in relation to the etc part of your post.

lookitsme wrote: »
    i won't be watching and my previous comment is in relation to the etc part of your post.

Ok well ive now edited it ;) If you want to start a debate about Crufts then you can start your own thread :cool:

• Advertisement

Ok well ive now edited it ;) If you want to start a debate about Crufts then you can start your own thread :cool:

i won't start a debate, i replied to your original opening comment surly that's allowed, or do you want to edit the rules of the site also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'm in England at the moment, sorting family stuff out, and am hoping to borrow a car to go up on Sunday, all my sibe friends are on at me to go, and some of my Irish friends will also be there that day :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay, both of you calm down.
    Lookitsme, please don't pull the thread off-topic over your interpretation of what OP meant by "etc".
    If you'd like to start a discussion on the ethics behind the show world, please feel free to start a separate thread on the topic.
    Please do not reply to this post on thread, and let's get back on topic.
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Best of luck with your dog Andrea, hope he places well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

lookitsme wrote: »
    i believe each dog that is entered is loved and is part of a family but who says that one breed of dog should like this and not like that. what happens to the dogs that are bread from these dogs that aren't "perfect future show winners"

Not wanting to continue to drag the thread any more off-topic, but since you asked, I own one of them, had to wait a year to get one of them actually.

<ETA> Best of luck to Andrea and Cooper, and anyone else here who is showing or competing this weekend. I'm allowed to watch it in-between the soaps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Watching as always. Delighted about the Winner of the Utility class :) And yesterday some good choices (I think, I was so tired I was falling asleep so may not remember). REALLY love agility, totally gonna get into that with my next dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I'm not particularly into showing but I am having a brilliant time watching the agility.

It is wonderful to see so many of the top agility handlers. Have to admit I wouldn't be hugely keen on running a fast dog on that carpet though, there seems to be quite a bit of slipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh looking forward to the gun dog display tomorrow!! :D
    Good luck to Andrea and Cooper and any other boardsies!

I have to say I'm loving the friends for life part :)

• Advertisement

Crufts Harlem shake :D

Advertisement