Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA account for Battlefield

Options
  • 07-03-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I am asking on behaklf f my son. He recently bought Battlefield 3 but cannot play online as it is telling him he is too young. AFAIK the settings are set ok for him to play but it is requesting an E

A account. I have not got a clue what this is about or to set it up. I did try but must not have done it right. Can some one please explain to me how this works. I am a complete gaming novice so do not understand what I am supposed to do. Actually I will need very clear step by step instructions.

Also I would llike to know are this email account and his windows live email supposed to be the same or different. And I am correct in say he needs to register both of these. The reason I ask is because wen I ask him to explain to me about the set up he gets all angry and frustrated so I never get the entire answer.

Thanks in advance, a very frustrated uninetested mummy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

just outta curiousity how old is your son?

you do know this is quite a violent game that has ratings of
    Battlefield 3 is rated 18 by the Pan European Game Information (PEGI), M17+ by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and MA15+ by the Australian Classification Board (ACB).

and with online you don't only have to worry about violence but also chat both in game recordings, chat box and if they have teamspeak then hearing others

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Create an EA account, lie about your age.

Login into console and play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

BF3 multiplayer isn't any more 'violent' than cowboys and indians used to be.
    It's just as violent as paintball or airsoft or hurling for that matter. There's no real gore. There's a very small amount of swearing in the audio but nothing your son hasn't heard in the playground.

Advertisement