Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the "S"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 glenmax

lads,if u fill in a form and u have ticked all nessesery boxes i.e.silencer...and u get licence back granted .then thats what u have....if u think the s missing is an issue..remember the super can only grant or not grant what u applied for....otherwise u have to re-apply in total .....can any1 tell me where the info about the s stating silencer granted can be found ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The "silencer" is not on the grant letter. it's on the actual license. Have to wait until it arrives to see if it was granted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Why have the doj/gardai made such a rigmarole around sound moderators ? I don't know why they don't insist on moderators rather than question their use. In the uk for instance they are granted on health and safety grounds as ear defenders are usually impractical while stalking deer etc. That and the fact half the countryside is alerted to the fact shooting is going on when not using them should be a case of relaxing the rules on moderators. The pro's vastly outweigh the con' imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Ninja assassins us silencers though and then the gun makes no noise like in james bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

juice1304 wrote: »
    Ninja assassins us silencers though and then the gun makes no noise like in james bond.

That and it turns every gun into a glock semi auto assault rifle

• Advertisement
Advertisement