Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete base for Metal shed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cove Cobain

You could try putting the shed down on concrete blocks yourself. Fair bit of hassle ordering a readymix lorry for only 1.5m cubed of concrete. A local lad with a cement mixer is an option, but may not be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shneill

Your best bet would definitely be a DIY effort i'd say. Panda Tool hire near the train station in limerick hires out cement mixers very cheap, you'd find plenty of tutorials on youtube to show you exactly how to do it step by step. Did something similar myself for my dog kennel(about 12 x 8). between the mixer and the concrete mix i bought it came to about 200, it was much easier than i expected it to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

Looking at buying the following shed:
    http://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/7-5-x-5-Space-Saver-Titanium-Easy-Build-Metal-Garden-Shed&P.Size=2

Can anyone recommend someone to put down a concrete base in the Clare/Limerick area?

Also, any idea how much a base for a 7 x 5 shed would cost?

thanks

To install a base for the above area would take 3.5m3 of concrete, if a constant depth of 4" was maintained,
    By far the most convenient and economical way to go would be a batch of ready mix, price approx 70euros per m3 delivered, which at this amount won't incurr a small delivery charge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

To install a base for the above area would take 3.5m3 of concrete, if a constant depth of 4" was maintained,
    By far the most convenient and economical way to go would be a batch of ready mix, price approx 70euros per m3 delivered, which at this amount won't incurr a small delivery charge....

Hi,

I could be wrong about this but to me the measurements of that shed are in feet, not metres which would make the foundation slab 7' 5" (2.26m) x 5'(1.52m), which is approximately 38sq feet. This in sq metres = approximately 3.25sq metres x 4" (100mm) depth of foundation slab = 0.35m3 and not 3.5m3.

Check my figures using a calculator as I'm on the phone and don't have access to a calculator.

Good luck with the base,

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Was thinking that myself. 3.5m was what I ordered to do the bace of a garage. And the pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cove Cobain

Decoda is correct - 1/2 a m3 for a wee edge and a small path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Make sure to put in re bar or you will have a split base

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Angeline O Day

who delivers that small quantity of concrete in Limerick/Clare area please

Advertisement