Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung customer service

Options
  • 07-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

My new 15 inch Series 9 Samsung laptop broke only 4 weeks after buying it. SSD went in it. I though, well, these things happen.

After 2 weeks of contacting Samsung, they finally collected it for repair. That was 4 weeks ago.

2 weeks after collecting it, they contacted me, telling me that the laptop repair had been cancelled and they were returning the laptop. After 2 emails and waiting over an hour on the phone, they told me that I had contacted them specifying I no longer wanted my laptop fixed :confused: Who in their right mind would do this. They then said it would be repaired again after I coplained.

Anyways, I sent an email to them looking for an update last week. 3 days later I got a reply telling me to contact the service centre directly. No mention in the email of any contact details for this service centre. I don't have a clue where this service centre is or anything.

Last Friday I emailed them looking for contact information for the service centre and still no reply. I've tried ringing but gave up twice after half an hour on the phone twice.

I've previously had Dell laptops. They aren't very sleek but at least their customer service is top notch. This is the most disasterous customer service I've ever encountered.

Has anyone else had to deal with Samsung in such a manner. Any advice on what I should do. It's more than 6 weeks at this stage since my laptop broke.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Who did you buy it off? Your contract is with them and not with Samsung so the shop should be your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Who did you buy it off? Your contract is with them and not with Samsung so the shop should be your first port of call.

Bought it from Laptops Direct. Returning direct to the manufacturer when under the manufacturer's warranty is what is specified on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bought it from Laptops Direct. Returning direct to the manufacturer when under the manufacturer's warranty is what is specified on the website.

That site is wrong then. You should have returned it to LaptopsDirect. They are responsible for all repairs.

Paulw wrote: »
    That site is wrong then. You should have returned it to LaptopsDirect. They are responsible for all repairs.

You're correct. Read the details wrong on the Laptops Direct website.

Turns out I finally got through to the Service Centre fixing my laptop. They are telling me that the laptop is now physically repaired but they are still waiting for software to arrive from Samsung in order to reinstall the operating system and other drivers. Turns out they've been waiting 4 weeks for Samsung to do this.

What can I do ? Is there any Irish body I can make a complaint to ? At a guess, I owned the laptop for 5 weeks before it broke and its now been 7 weeks being fixed. This is absolutely shambolic customer service.

Considering it's taken 7 weeks for my repair so far, should I be expecting this 7 weeks to be added to my warranty. Is there any Irish legislation which cover such a lenghty repair ?

• Advertisement

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It might be worth looking at Sect 21 in the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, though I doubt you can to enforce it on Samsung since they are not the seller.
    The term "reasonable" is used liberally so it's a matter of opinion what "reasonable" means in your situation. For what it's worth imo the delay so far is far from reasonable, a fortnight would be ok imo.

Ok.

It is now nearly 3 months since I last had a useable laptop.

Since then, Samsung return my broken laptop. I was then told to send it back to Laptops Direct. Samsung would issue them an uplift number and Laptops Direct would issue me a brand new laptop.

3 weeks later and still no sign of the laptop from laptops direct. Everytime I get onto them they tell me they are fixing my laptop. I then tell them they have an uplift number from Samsung and then tell me I am getting a new laptop.

I am **** sick of this now. is there any avenue such as the small claims court I can use. Another kick in the teeth was that Laptops Direct refuse to take back my laptop without me paying £20 for the postage and packing to return it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tdmci

Did you get this resolved? I am having awful trouble with Samsung over a tablet I sent for repair two months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@tdmci Please do not bring back zombie threads. Closed as you already have your own thread on this topic.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement