Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Flooring

Options
  • 07-03-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Does anyone know anyone who will floor and attic? Not fancy flooring just so you can walk about and use the area properly for storage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Not a good idea to just nail down planks or chipboard on the existing joists. floor should be reinforced with steel or you may have problems when it comes to selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jenolan

Ah ok thanks....will bear that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Not a good idea to just nail down planks or chipboard on the existing joists. floor should be reinforced with steel or you may have problems when it comes to selling.

if you're doing a full conversion and removing roof supports, steel beams are a requirement.

However if you're just putting some floorboards down for storage, every attic I've ever been in just has the boards nailed to the joists, and I don't imagine any surveyor would block a sale based on that (ours certainly didn't raise any concerns). Provided you're not planning to store a grand piano or a set of olympic weights up there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I've made mine in to a games room.. works well...

PS3, Dart board, Football table, Fridge....etc

Think a fruit machine will be pushing it's limits though..
    Same as a proper pool table.. Too heavy.??

Advertisement