Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kells MCR cancelation

• 07-03-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

http://www.kellsroadraces.com/uncategorized/kells-road-races-2013/

Anybody else heard about this ? Seen it on the MAG Ireland website. Such a pity ... Was looking forward to trying to make it too many of the local races.

Wish them all the best in their future fundraisers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    http://www.kellsroadraces.com/uncategorized/kells-road-races-2013/

Anybody else heard about this ? Seen it on the MAG Ireland website. Such a pity ... Was looking forward to trying to make it too many of the local races.

Wish them all the best in their future fundraisers!

Sorry to be reading that.....BUT.......

This is what happns to the domestic economy and events when you place lots of harsh austerity,unjust and cruel taxes on the people of this country.

But Mr Kenny and Mr Gilmore are more than happy to screw us all over,bleed the domestic economy dry,but keep "Ze Germans" all happy.:mad::mad:

Hope to see Kells races back for 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

paddy147 please take your political agenda somewhere else.

Next time you spout that political krap here you will get a holiday from the motorbike forum.

P.C. wrote: »
    paddy147 please take your political agenda somewhere else.

Next time you spout that political krap here you will get a holiday from the motorbike forum.

Appoligies to you PC.....just thought it was rather relevent due to the lack of fundraising and money raised to host the races.

I allways liked going to the Kells races,as it was a bloody good road race circuit.

So I hope to see Kells road races back,and fighting strong in 2014.:)

Regards.

I wonder if the Kells MCRC could approach the likes of Honda Ireland (car and bike maker) or BMW Ireland (car and bike maker) or Suzuki Ireland (same again) and ask them to sponser and save this years Kells races??

Maybe approach one of the large petrol firms aswell....Topaz,Esso,Maxol.

Didnt Topaz sponser the Donegal International Rally for 3 years back in 2011??

So it would be a great chance for a big international company to step in,save a great race event,and also get good publicity too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

paddy147 wrote: »
    I wonder if the Kells MCRC could approach the likes of Honda Ireland (car and bike maker) or BMW Ireland (car and bike maker) or Suzuki Ireland (same again) and ask them to sponser and save this years Kells races??

Maybe approach one of the large petrol firms aswell....Topaz,Esso,Maxol.

Didnt Topaz sponser the Donegal International Rally for 3 years back in 2011??

So it would be a great chance for a big international company to step in,save a great race event,and also get good publicity too.:)

Adelaide already sponsor them. It's insurance that's killing off road racing and it's not going to be getting any cheaper. Especially when an insurance company are the title sponsor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Anyone who has an interest in getting Kells Road Races back in 2014 should consider signing up as a member http://www.kellsroadraces.com/membership/

From my own involvement with road racing supporters clubs, membership really does help. I renewed mine the other week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nodster wrote: »
    Anyone who has an interest in getting Kells Road Races back in 2014 should consider signing up as a member http://www.kellsroadraces.com/membership/

From my own involvement with road racing supporters clubs, membership really does help. I renewed mine the other week

Membership is handy but they need serious money to insure the events. At €15 a pop there going to need a hell of a lot of people to join just to insure this event, then they need prize money and start money to get the big names down. The other races are in the same boat and I can't see many people paying out that much for membership of all the Southern centre roads races.

Advertisement