Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express Lodgement - why change a good system

Options
  • 07-03-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭

Why do I now have to queue to lodge my money at these new lodgement machines?

Sometimes they are out of order meaning an even longer queue at the cash desk.

What was wrong with the old system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi applehunter,

Thanks for your query.

We're introducing new technology into our branches which we hope will make lodging and withdrawing to/from your account more efficient. We appreciate that from time to time the machines may be down due to technical issues. When this occurs we make every attempt to have the machine fixed and back up and running as quickly as possible.

Apologies if this caused any inconvenience in your recent visit to the branch. We will be forwarding on your comments in relation to the new machines as feedback to our branch network.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

I was wondering, when I lodge a cheque and get a print copy of it as a receipt, if something happens to the cheque in the machine, does bank of Ireland still honour the cheque if I present the copy given when I lodged it, or do I have to get a new cheque drawn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi northwestramble, 

Thanks for posting. 

We haven't heard of this happening yet. 
    Every effort is made to have the machines working at optimal levels.
    If there was an issue with any type of lodgement, we have procedures in place.
    Once you have your receipt, it's your confirmation that the cheque was lodged and this can always be referred to, if necessary. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Thanks Billy, good to know. Just to be clear, when you say the receipt will be referred to, this means that there is no need for the customer to go and get a cheque reissued, and BOI will process the lodgement as normal. The customer only has to show the receipt as proof of lodgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi northwestramble, 

Thanks for posting. 

The receipt would be more for your own records than anything else.
    Although the receipt itself wouldn't ensure the lodgement is processed as normal, it would assist with any investigation.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement