Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Hub Wireless Issue - appreciate advice

• 07-03-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,
    First things first, I raised this issue with Sky and they sent out a new hub - great Customer Service but I'm still looking to understand what happened before I set up the new hub.
    I signed up with Sky BB and all was well for a couple of weeks. Improved service over VF and all was good.
    My initial setup had an Apple Airport Extreme connected so that I wouldn't have to reset all the Wifi devices in the house and this was working well. I have a good few devices hanging off the network - Apple TVs, desktop, laptops, phones etc.
    All of a sudden the network no longer was working. Both SSIDs (Sky and AE) were broadcasting but would timeout every time.
    I disconnected the AE and eventually after using Mac OS Network Assistant could get connected to the Sky hub. Once connected - other devices would also connect.
    However, the next day the same issue happened again. Connected via Ethernet and again suddenly all other devices could connect. I've left it like this for now.
    The question is : anyone understand why this happened? A dodgy hub? A problem with the AE connecting? Is the wired Ethernet device doing something to influence the other devices connecting?
    I'm reluctant to set up the new hub until I have an idea what may need to avoid this time.
    Sorry for long post and thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Any help??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Can you connect to the router via cable and change the channel? Had a similar issue with a Time Capsule and Netgear router both operating on similar channels!
    Failing that change the SSID and security type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I can try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Advertisement