Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folk can't see pictures

Options
  • 07-03-2013 2:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's come to light that some people can't see the pictures in this thread, while others can. The pictures are hosted by boards. It could be a coincidence, but those who report being able to see them are mods, while those that can't are normal users. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I said I'd highlight it anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Photo albums have two privacy settings - Public and Private where Private is just moderators/admins and the user's contacts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=2062 <-- This link will work if you are a moderator. It will not work if you are logged out or just a plain old registered user.

From a (very, very) brief look it would appear to be a bug, the Album's privacy settings says Public but this could be just a ruse :p We'll try get this resolved as soon as we can.

Danny

Had a lightbulb moment while working on some touch updates - love it when that happens.

Profile privacy settings affect photo albums. If you visit Little Alex's profile when logged out you'll see it's very sparse; they have turned off or privatised everything they can e.g. friends, group memberships and of course albums. If they're going to continue to use Boards.ie photo albums as images for their recipes then I'm afraid that profile restriction will have to be relaxed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=privacy

Danny

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks Danny, that seems plausible but Dónal found he could see them when logged out. A cache thing on his side, perhaps?

I would imagine so, yes. I've tested the fix by swapping Album Privacy back to Everyone here on the test environment, worked a treat. Perhaps you might drop the user a PM directing them to this thread to iron things out?

Danny

Great, thanks!

I'm not sure they're active any more so it might be pointless, but I'll keep it in mind :).

• Advertisement

They're still active, last online only a few days ago. For that reason I'd be reticent to come on the heavy and change it for them :)

Danny

They're still active, last online only a few days ago. For that reason I'd be reticent to come on the heavy and change it for them :)

Danny

Oh, you all-seeing devils! :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement