Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Recommend Me A Game

• 07-03-2013 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have barely played my playstation now for the last year, basically because there is no game that has really got me into playing it again. I was thinking of maybe a racing game or some game like the old Lord of the Rings game back on the PS2. Can you recommend any games?

Previous game history = fifa, call of duty, far cry, madden, drakes fortune.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

dembaba wrote: »
    I have barely played my playstation now for the last year, basically because there is no game that has really got me into playing it again. I was thinking of maybe a racing game or some game like the old Lord of the Rings game back on the PS2. Can you recommend any games?

Previous game history = fifa, call of duty, far cry, madden.
    Battlefield 3. Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

Shazer01 wrote: »
    Battlefield 3. Quality.

Not really for shooting games to be honest, I've played the whole call of duty franchise and far cry. They just dont do it for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Naughty Bear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Get Batman Arkham Asylum for less than a tenner. You can thank me in about 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Mirrors Edge, if you haven't already.

Ni No Kuni is a mix between Pokemon and Final Fantasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Pick up Journey, its one of a kind. also check out demon/dark souls.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Get Batman Arkham Asylum for less than a tenner. You can thank me in about 6 weeks.

Was looking into this actually, seems to me like it might similar to the old lord of the rings game on the ps2. Is there an online mode?

Any good racing games I could pick up with a decent online mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Previous game history = fifa, call of duty, far cry, madden, drakes fortune.

If you were happy with drakes fortune there are 2 sequels available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you were happy with drakes fortune there are 2 sequels available

There is 1 sequel (Unch 2) and 1 other crap game with a similar name :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Darksiders 2! get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

wrong!

2 > 3 > 1

Darksiders 1 and 2, Dishonored, Dead Space 1 and 2, Metro 2033,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Was looking into this actually, seems to me like it might similar to the old lord of the rings game on the ps2. Is there an online mode?

No online mode with Batman, but its a credit to the game when I saw it doesn't need it. I played the LOTR game you're referring to and it has as much fun, if not more. Superb game. You "feel" like Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you're being picky: There are 2 sequels that are as much corridor 3rd person shooters with a few minutes of gameplay between each 10 minute cutscene.

Better? :P

I've said it before but best games on PS3, in my opinion, are the Batman Arkham series and the Infamous series(1 more than 2).

Or just get Okami HD, which is the best non Zelda Zelda game I've played, though I played it on Wii.

Or to keep things simple, 2 words: Playstation Plus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are rpg's your thing?if so,fallout 3,fallout new vegas,skyrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was playing a bit of Need For Speed: The Run online lately, and that's good harmless craic. Probably be able to pick it up second hand around the 10/15 mark, but it needs an online pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

need for speed
    has a great online racing (must have a good connection other wise cars will be flying not driving) great online game and great single player game, they pulled off the open world racing very well i thought

other games include
    far cry3
    dead space whole series ( will keep you entertained, most die hard fans hated number 3 but if your open minded you'll see the fun in it )
    uncharted games (im on xbox but have played these, their brilliant , specially number 2 i think )
    dont bother with lord of the rings conquest if thats the one your on about, the ps2 games were hell of alot better infact its making me want to go out now and buy a ps2 just for them games they were excellent
    the conquest game is terrible in everywere , clunky controls, fighting is stupid , health bars on enemy , hitting an enemy ya dont feel like your hitting them its like hitting thin air because they dont have any fall back when hit with a sword
    it was that bad of a flop the servers went offline in a few months after its release,

more games , well what do you like
    rpg? skyrim , fallout games (except new vegas i personally didnt like it)
    shooters? call of duty games, far cry games , ghost recon (old ones)

ya need too give us some indication of what genre your looking for because i think everyone here has givin you an idea off nearly every decent game that has came out in the past 2-3years

also batman 1+2 no doubth one the best in the list i hated the game when i saw the gameplay ,wasnt interested at all, picked it up , now i cant put it down :D getting through arkane city meself

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SmithG

Batman is a good shout.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    need for speed
    has a great online racing (must have a good connection other wise cars will be flying not driving) great online game and great single player game, they pulled off the open world racing very well i thought

other games include
    far cry3
    dead space whole series ( will keep you entertained, most die hard fans hated number 3 but if your open minded you'll see the fun in it )
    uncharted games (im on xbox but have played these, their brilliant , specially number 2 i think )
    dont bother with lord of the rings conquest if thats the one your on about, the ps2 games were hell of alot better infact its making me want to go out now and buy a ps2 just for them games they were excellent
    the conquest game is terrible in everywere , clunky controls, fighting is stupid , health bars on enemy , hitting an enemy ya dont feel like your hitting them its like hitting thin air because they dont have any fall back when hit with a sword
    it was that bad of a flop the servers went offline in a few months after its release,

more games , well what do you like
    rpg? skyrim , fallout games (except new vegas i personally didnt like it)
    shooters? call of duty games, far cry games , ghost recon (old ones)

ya need too give us some indication of what genre your looking for because i think everyone here has givin you an idea off nearly every decent game that has came out in the past 2-3years

also batman 1+2 no doubth one the best in the list i hated the game when i saw the gameplay ,wasnt interested at all, picked it up , now i cant put it down :D getting through arkane city meself

Great replies lads thanks, batman is looking like a good shout judging by your opinions. No shooters wouldn't really be my thing, unless it was grand theft auto and that kinda thing. I was looking for a racing or game similar to the old lord of the rings games. preferably with a decent online mode for the racing game if there is a racing game with a good online mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Super Meat Boy is great fun

might be in the PS3 Store.. not sure though

Great replies lads thanks, batman is looking like a good shout judging by your opinions. No shooters wouldn't really be my thing, unless it was grand theft auto and that kinda thing. I was looking for a racing or game similar to the old lord of the rings games. preferably with a decent online mode for the racing game if there is a racing game with a good online mode.

does it have to be specific to ps3?

need for speed most wanted you can pick up for 20e i think in xtra vision , maybe 25e

online is great once like i said your connection is good, if its not well then it can get frustrating ,but races are good, open world, single player alone is worth it for the price it can really take up alot of your time because the challanges for different cars are quite hard so its pretty good
    gran turismo is also good , online is great theirs a few fun game modes, its much more realistic so if your into that then go ahead its like forza abit only thing i hate is the poxy music in it haha, driver as well is another good one

i cant really think of many games like lord of the rings but heres a one or two that i played and think are great

viking of asgard ? (someone correct the name if its wrong :D )
    got that game for xmas about 2-3 years ago, didnt think much of it in trailers or gameplay until my mam picked it up for me for a surprise , ended up loving it , story is pretty good and makes you keep coming back until you complete it, fighting in it is like ps2 lotrs style

dragon age origins , some people hate it , some people like it , i loved it , its an rpg type game , reminded me or lord of the rings but fighting is more simulated think of world of warcraft and skyrim together except you can choose your own people to group with(npcs) no online and its not really an open world more like 1 map then you load onto the next part, but your free to go back and forth, dlcs are good , i wouldnt go near the sequals but the new one number 3? i think is coming out so worth a look at
    if i think of any more il let you know, i wish meself their would be a new lord of the rings game coming out cause the ps2 ones were outstanding

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

does it have to be specific to ps3?

need for speed most wanted you can pick up for 20e i think in xtra vision , maybe 25e

online is great once like i said your connection is good, if its not well then it can get frustrating ,but races are good, open world, single player alone is worth it for the price it can really take up alot of your time because the challanges for different cars are quite hard so its pretty good
    gran turismo is also good , online is great theirs a few fun game modes, its much more realistic so if your into that then go ahead its like forza abit only thing i hate is the poxy music in it haha, driver as well is another good one

i cant really think of many games like lord of the rings but heres a one or two that i played and think are great

viking of asgard ? (someone correct the name if its wrong :D )
    got that game for xmas about 2-3 years ago, didnt think much of it in trailers or gameplay until my mam picked it up for me for a surprise , ended up loving it , story is pretty good and makes you keep coming back until you complete it, fighting in it is like ps2 lotrs style

dragon age origins , some people hate it , some people like it , i loved it , its an rpg type game , reminded me or lord of the rings but fighting is more simulated think of world of warcraft and skyrim together except you can choose your own people to group with(npcs) no online and its not really an open world more like 1 map then you load onto the next part, but your free to go back and forth, dlcs are good , i wouldnt go near the sequals but the new one number 3? i think is coming out so worth a look at
    if i think of any more il let you know, i wish meself their would be a new lord of the rings game coming out cause the ps2 ones were outstanding
    right lads, decided ill prob be getting the batman game. But still up in the air about which racing game to get. So would you get gran turismo, need for speed or formula 1

right lads, decided ill prob be getting the batman game. But still up in the air about which racing game to get. So would you get gran turismo, need for speed or formula 1

gran turismo - realistic driving, great community
    need for speed - arcade driving , great single player , no real community
    formula 1 - if you like it i suppose not my cup of tea

just ask yourself what type of driving game would you prefer , realistic or arcade both are extremely fun in their own way, i personaly like arcade because i suck at realistic driving on consoles, simply because i like speed and nitrous haha

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thething26

Metal gear solid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Need for Speed most wanted the latest one is great craic , Its like Burnout meets Forza if that makes sense

Advertisement