Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad for Hollystown golf course

Options
  • 07-03-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Have you heard this ad. John Giles and Eammon Dunphy waffeling on .
    Anyway, Apparently Hollystown Golf course is 5 minutes from Blanchardstown Shopping centre.
    I live in Mulhuddart and my kids go to Tyrrelstown ETNS. My son regularly times the drive and it takes 7 minutes from our house in Mulhuddart to Tyrrelstown. Hollystown is at least another couple of minutes further on. Then it's around 5 minutes from our house to the SC.
    How do they get away with these lies!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Totally agree. I'm in Mulhuddart too and up to Hollytown is about 10 mins and that's knowing the way. Its a difficult place to find if you aren't familiar with the area. Maybe they are anticipating the new road being built, that will probably speed up the travel time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Ahh.. yes, the power of advertising :)

Ah sure we might as well do a bit of simple math and research to show they're wrong.

Distance from centre to Hollystown: ~6Km (Google Maps)

To do it in 5mins would need an average speed of around 70Km. Google maps says it would take around 11mins.

Yeah, sometimes ads tell "untruths" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'd completely agree with you.

But at the same time, it's not a million miles away from the towncentre either! Slight exaggeration I'd describe it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Make a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland:
    http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    How do they get away with these lies!!!!!

Any one remember the ads for The vortex dunshaughlin, "20 minute from Grafton street" Now that was some lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

oblivious wrote: »
    Any one remember the ads for The vortex dunshaughlin, "20 minute from Grafton street" Now that was some lie

No it wasn't a lie :pac:... they were on about a helicopter ride from Grafton St. to Dunshaughlin ;)

Advertisement