Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing Log

Options
  • 07-03-2013 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Okay - this has become one of my most frequently gambled on sports. Developing a knowledge for it (I think) - want to see where I end up at the end of the year. Selections will always have reasoning. Starting with a bank of 100 points.

WGC Cadillac Championship

1. Matt Kuchar
    - Comes into this on pretty good form, 1st in the matchplay should do wonders for his confidence. This is his first tournament since that victory and it is a course he likes a lot. Has finished in the top 10 of this in the last 3 years and looked very good in his outings this season - was quite impressed with him at the Sony Open where he finished T5

2 Points Each Way at 20/1 (PP, 1,2,3,4,5)

2. Peter Hanson
    - Was sufficiently impressed with his second and third round at the Honda, and his relatively solid appearance at the matchplay to give him a chance on a course he seemed to take a shine to last year. On that occasion he finished T4 and at 50/1 I think he represents some value here.

1 Point Each Way at 55/1 (Stan James, 1,2,3,4,5)

3. Thorbjorn Olesen
    - Has some good form figures in the European tour and am hoping that he might be able to carry that over here. Pretty big odds and hopefully he could sneak into place contention.

1 Point Each Way at 80/1 (PP, 1,2,3,4,5)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Analysis - Kuchar never ever got going - I was surprised how laboured he was considering his break and his past performances at this course. Not one real notable round.

Olesen actually started really well, but a double bogey (or was it triple) half way through his first round basically screwed him and he never recovered.

Hanson played pretty well - currently finishing up around T8, just off the place. Pretty happy with the selection and performance, just too many of the big guns were on form this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Tampa Bay Championship

Jason Dufner - Likes the course and has been solid this year if not spectacular. Fairly low in the betting but is coming into this relatively low on the radar. I like his chances and he should hopefully go a few better than his top 10 finish last year.

1 Point E/W 1,2,3,4,5 Boyles 22/1

Jim Furyk - Confidence is a huge issue with this selection, but this course is probably the most suited to Furyk of all the current PGA courses. Won in 2010 and last year narrowly missed out in a playoff. 28/1 now with Boyles and I'll be having some of that.

2 Point E/W 1,2,3,4,5 Boyles 28/1

Luke Guthrie - This guy has taken me by surprise - very young but plays a very mature brand of golf in my view. Has some good finishes at courses like Pebble Beach this year and although it is his first visit here, I think he could ruffle a few feathers this week.

.75 Point E/W 1 1,2,3,4,5 Boyles 60/1

Edit - Half tempted to put something small on Michael Thompson but I'll sleep on it.

Advertisement