Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voicemail call back?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there, im just wondering if anyone can help me with this annoying problem that i have.....
    When someone leaves a voicemail for me - my phone rings 5 separate calls to me (171 flashing on screen), and even if i end the call after the first ring, it calls me back 4 times more.... its extremely annoying, ive checked my settings and cant seem to figure it out....can anyone shed any light as to what i can do to deactivate this? (Its a Samsung Galaxy)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's not a handset issue.

I assume you're on Vodafone?

You can choose from two different notification methods, voice call or text message. When abroad there are charges for receiving a voice call notification. However, using text message notification is still free. Change how your notified:
    From your mobile

Dial 171
    Press 5 for mailbox preferences
    Press 1 for message notification
    Select the desired notification method

Go through their help/support website for that info. Not hard to find. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Thanks Paulw - am with Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/getting-started.aspx

Dial 172, then press 3 to select your Personal Options

Press 1 to turn your voicemail notification on or off
    Press 2 to change your security options including your voicemail PIN number.
    Press 4 to change the way you are notified about your voicemail

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Thanks Paulw, problem solved, thanks a mill.

Advertisement