Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bray - April plans

• 07-03-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    did anyone heard maybe about Tesco Bray being refurbished in april? Just heard it from one of cashiers. As far I remember the neighbour's of store didnt approve the changes in last year Tesco proposal. Did something changed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know but it's about time .. the place is a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I drive past it to go to Tesco in Greystones. Its a dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tesco is Tesco - no difference between Bray and Greystones really

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Well I know a lot of Tesco's near where I live in cork got refurbished in Cork last year. So, Maybe.

Tesco is Tesco - no difference between Bray and Greystones really
    Not that I shop there very often, only for the things I can't get in Lidl or Aldi, but no, they're very different in character, and the way they're run. I've had a few incidents with the so-called 'management' at Tesco Bray that will make me never darken their doors again. While they're refurbishing the store they could do well to refurbish their management too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Until recently they were the most expensive Tesco in Ireland, so I take my business elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Alun wrote: »
    Not that I shop there very often, only for the things I can't get in Lidl or Aldi, but no, they're very different in character, and the way they're run. I've had a few incidents with the so-called 'management' at Tesco Bray that will make me never darken their doors again. While they're refurbishing the store they could do well to refurbish their management too.

Seriously, how do you have run ins with supermarket managers?

I've been to different supermarkets thousands of times, done my shopping and left without any contact with managers.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, how do you have run ins with supermarket managers?
    I'm not going into any details, but I've made a number of serious complaints, some food safety issues, to the store managers about their service and other things that were just ignored or brushed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alcof89

Tesco petrol would be a bonus if they are revamping it! Garages in Bray seem tight fisted when it comes to fair petrol prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Alun wrote: »
    I'm not going into any details, but I've made a number of serious complaints, some food safety issues, to the store managers about their service and other things that were just ignored or brushed away.

Likewise, I had a complaint last week, emailed head office, and got brushed aside-twice. A good Dunnes Stores is what Bray needs. Competition might change things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Doubt they would get permission for a Petrol Station with maxol right next door! They should have tried to buy that Station out, but they(maxol) seem to have invested in the store now, so doubtful that plan would come to fruition.

The centre is a bit of a dump alright, it could well do with being refurbished.

Advertisement