Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taylor Swift...what's her deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1. Look pretty.
    2. Make OK music. Play with the emotions of teenagers.
    3. Appeal to people's morbid interest in the details of other peoples' lives.
    4. Get talked about.
    5. Make money.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't see the big deal with her, her music grates on me, big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Her music is pretty nauseating to me. She's in a relationship with one man for about two months and writes a song about how he's "the one", but when that relationship inevitably fizzles out, she quickly moves on to the next man in a matter of weeks and writes something similar about him. This jumping from man to man in a matter of months completely invalidates the sincerity of her songwriting. I don't care if she wants to enjoy the company of many men, that's her choice and she's free to do it without being judged, I just wish she wouldn't dress it up as if it's anything other than what it is - brief, probably meaningless flings.

As for the virgin thing, I guess anything is possible, but I doubt that one is, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Professional beard. Just look at her list of 'ex's'

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

She's severely over-rated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll admit I like some of her tunes :o they are very catchy especially her early country ones now she has gone very poppy and she seems very unlikeable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

The liberal/politically correct media treat someone who has morals like a freak.Incidentally she was also a victim of disgusting racism by Kayne West at the MTV awards in 2009.Again the media swept this under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

todolist wrote: »
    The liberal/politically correct media treat someone who has morals like a freak.Incidentally she was also a victim of disgusting racism by Kayne West at the MTV awards in 2009.Again the media swept this under the carpet.

Hahahahahaha, how exactly is she moral???? The loooonnnnnnggggg list of former boyfriends/lovers suggest whatever she is, she is no more or less moral than the rest of us. She is just a spoilt little pop star who is used to getting her own way as her spitting the dummy about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler shows. Hoping someone goes to hell for poking VERY gentle fun at someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

todolist wrote: »
    Kayne was being a douchebag, not a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Kayne was being a douchebag, not a racist.

She should thank him, this made her more famous worldwide :P

I think Kanye wants Beyonce for himself, he seems to be trying to turn Kim into her :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Cannot stand Taylor Swift, or her music.

When asked "do you consider yourself a feminist?" She replied:

I don't really think about things as guys versus girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life.

Read the full article here, if you can't stand to
    http://jezebel.com/5953879/dont-go-calling-taylor-swift-a-feminist-says-taylor-swift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cannot stand Taylor Swift, or her music.

When asked "do you consider yourself a feminist?" She replied:

I don't really think about things as guys versus girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life.

Read the full article here, if you can't stand to
    http://jezebel.com/5953879/dont-go-calling-taylor-swift-a-feminist-says-taylor-swift

The bit in bold would suggest that she doesn't even know the meaning of being a feminist, since it has nothing to do with "guys versus girls".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The bit in bold would suggest that she doesn't even know the meaning of being a feminist, since it has nothing to do with "guys versus girls".

She's an airhead.

Advertisement