Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy Old Vinyl Records (not valuable ones)

Options
  • 07-03-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am launching into a craft project, I need old Vinyl 12 inch records. Not sure if you can buy a whole bunch (up to 25 just) of used old vinyl that isn't popular or valuable, for little or nothing...does anyone know of a bargain basement shop or online store that sells the vinyl no one else wants? I checked ebay but they all seem to be records someone wants, the cheapest at 6.99 a pop, I want them for about 50 cent each or thereabouts...any takers on where to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

RAGE on Fade Street should have cheap vinyl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Try charity shops. Oxfam, St Vincents De Paul etc. They sometimes have vinyl for sale for very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Lumbo wrote: »
    Try charity shops. Oxfam, St Vincents De Paul etc. They sometimes have vinyl for sale for very cheap.

I shudda thought of that! Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Place in Waterford called Rainbow Recoeds. He's got loads of old vinyl at dirt cheap prices that nobody would want to buy. He does sell some half decent stuff too. Not much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

If you don't want to listen to them and just want them for craft, definitely go for charity shops. They'll be a hell of a lot cheaper there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

The Secret Record Shop on Wicklow St might have some but otherwise charity shops the way to go. Capel ST seems to have 4 or 5 Charity shops alone so perhaps a good place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I've a stack of random 7" records, nothing worth listening to and they are taking up space. If that size is any use to you just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

smokedeels wrote: »
    I've a stack of random 7" records, nothing worth listening to and they are taking up space. If that size is any use to you just PM me.

That's mighty kind of you, I think I need 12 inch ones though but if there's any change in that I'll pop you a PM. Thanks for the offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

There must be a huge stack of worthless Michael Bolton lps from the 80s somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

There's a shop in Carlow called Retro on Dublin Street that has loads of vinyl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lindamcd

smokedeels wrote: »

If possible could I take these off your hands? Looking to do a DIY project with them too!! :)

Just sent you a PM there :)

Advertisement