Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 07-03-2013 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

goodnight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Why don't you get the heating fixed, the mice exterminated, and try to smooth things over with you mother? I don't see why the state needs to get involved. You would have had to save up a deposit of around €1000 anyway if you were to rent, so put that towards the above costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coco vintage

heating is not broken, it is non existent. it is my mothers house and I am not going to start doing major refurbishments - not to mention she doesn't want heating upstairs. The mice are being dealt with humanely - the only thing she will agree to but not very effective. I appreciate you are just trying to be unhelpful and give out about people who expect stuff from the government so will not bother explaining my situation further. lots of people get rent allowance - people who are claiming to be single and really 'sharing' with their partner etc. would you like to line them all up and take them out one at a time? could do with some solid advice from people who have been through the system as getting out of here is the only thing that will keep me sane - thanks all the same for your most unhelpful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You've not many choices being honest ,been through something similar only worse as long as you have a roof over your head at present your not in need of housing and if I remember right you have to rent for so long before you can get rent allowance I'm not up to date on the current rules ,if your bf and mother can't get along maybe he's better off away from the situation ,you do realize you get less rent assistance when cohabiting ,save for a deposit then move out when baby comes along if you haven't already ,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have just been refused rent allowance/assistance as assessed as not having housing need.
    You've been refused rent allowance because you are living with your mother. This is very simple. If you want rent allowance, apply for it when you're not living at home.

Regarding the lack of heating, get an electric radiator. Kill the mice using any means necessary before the baby is born, as the vermin can carry disease that may harm the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

And Op closes her account because she didn't get the answers she wanted:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

And Op closes her account because she didn't get the answers she wanted:rolleyes:
    Aye, the truth hurts.
    no longer want people's negative feedback.
    Silly person. She doesn't have heating up stairs as the mother doesn't want any, yet she won't put any up there for herself? I'm thinking the OP lives in a converted attic, and thus the mother has no need for heat upstairs. Bleh. I can see a similar thread appear when the user re-regs under a similar name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TonyC77

Hello all, new to boards.ie hoping someone might be able to help me. Myself and my wife are separating after 6 years of marriage. We have a beautiful 2 year old. I have a serious medical condition which prevents me from returning to work at present so we are currently in receipt of rent allowance.
    When my wife and I split I want to be able to rent somewhere I can take my daughter to stay overnight. I will be taking her over night once or twice a week. Can anyone tell me how much rent allowance I will be entitled to for a) 1 bedroom apartment or b) 2 bedroomed apartment. My wife will also be in receipt of rent allowance as she will be my daughters primary carer.
    Anyone else in this situation? Or do any of u know what my entitlements might be. I will be roughly receiving 188 p.w. from disability benefit - from this i will have to pay 20.00 a week maintenance for my daughter.
    I'd love to hear from anyone who can help. thanks in advance.

Advertisement