Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No time wasters...

• 07-03-2013 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

What do you think when you are looking at car ads and there is this polite statement under it?
    I was recently selling and looking for a new car and it really puts me of.
    I personally think it is very ignorant and impolite. Its like, if you don't like the car (usually because its crappy) you are already a time waster....
    I let about 5 people to look at my car and I never thought any of them that didn't buy was a time waster, they just didn't like it.
    Why people have no manners anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its more so about the feckers who think they're Mike Brewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you're selling a nice/desirable/fast car you'll get a lot of idiots who have no intention of buying calling you up looking for a "test drive".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

sorsha wrote: »
    '
    I let about 5 people to look at my car and I never thought any of them that didn't buy was a time waster, they just didn't like it.

Slut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭sorsha

smash wrote: »

Especially : "This little ball of sh*te just can not be killed" ,but he doesn't mind "timewasters"..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Time Wasting is an art dudes.

I don't waste my time wasting skills on the classified ads.

I put them to work where they can be set free and expressed to their fullest.

The Civil Service.

F*ck yeah.

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you're selling a nice/desirable/fast car you'll get a lot of idiots who have no intention of buying calling you up looking for a "test drive".

But I am looking for average small car and "no timewasters" is under every second ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

The customer is always right, wasting time makes the deal all the more sweeter if it is clinched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Time wasters" = "didn't buy my heap of ****".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's the same selling musical instruments. Lots of lads show up to pull and poke at every joint and bolt on it even though they can barely play. A lot of these are enthusiasts, same with cars, they spend their whole lives looking for a bargain to re-sell for a quick buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

It's true though, if you ever sell something you get a load of time wasters. Basically people who think they want it... then suddenly change their mind without even seeing the car. Or people who make an enquiry, you give them a really good reply back, like how could anyone not like the reply you gave, they might ask a question, how many owners has it had, you say one, then they never reply.

I've even given stuff away free a few times and the amount of hassle it is even to give things away for free. It would be easier to just through them in the skip but you're trying to do the good thing and recycle / reuse and provide someone with something for free. Yet even that's a bloody mission half the time.

The truth is there's a LOT of time wasters out there. Unless you're pretty much already very keen on actually buying/taking it don't bother calling or texting me, is what they're actually saying. i.e. "If you're just some messer who's seen my ad on a whim and you're just curious for curiousity sake feck off. I'm looking for actual geniune buyers here." You feel me?

illicit007 wrote: »
    It's true though, if you ever sell something you get a load of time wasters. Basically people who think they want it... then suddenly change their mind without even seeing the car. Or people who make an enquiry, you give them a really good reply back, like how could anyone not like the reply you gave, they might ask a question, how many owners has it had, you say one, then they never reply.

I've even given stuff away free a few times and the amount of hassle it is even to give things away for free. It would be easier to just through them in the skip but you're trying to do the good thing and recycle / reuse and provide someone with something for free. Yet even that's a bloody mission half the time.

The truth is there's a LOT of time wasters out there. Unless you're pretty much already very keen on actually buying/taking it don't bother calling or texting me, is what they're actually saying. i.e. "If you're just some messer who's seen my ad on a whim and you're just curious for curiousity sake feck off. I'm looking for actual geniune buyers here." You feel me?

Ok, but what about "genuine buyer" who just doesn't like it -is he a time waster? Because this is how I feel about it and to be honest I wouldn't even bother calling this person. Selling any second hand stuff is not that easy and its time consuming. The same in every shop - hundreds of people coming in and out and not everyone is buying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's a bit like people looking at houses because they want to see what they can't afford.

Ads should really read "Only look if you can afford" or " no poor people"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you see any of 'no timewasters/test pilots/tyre kickers', 'no NCT but will fly through!!', 'has stood me €X...', then you know the owner is a twat. Bonus points if the car is parked in or near a lake or other body of water, or if a 1.2 litre hatchback has a Nurburgring sticker on it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4616249

"no time wasters need apply!! No more texin 'whats ur lowest cash' !!"

900€ -just pay and go away

Who wants a free ride in 93toyota worth (probably less than 900€)?
    There must be hundreds of people out there who are waiting to waste this sellers time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You don't want people inquiring who have no intention of paying anywhere near the asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I also enjoy "first to see will buy".

You don't want people inquiring who have no intention of paying anywhere near the asking price.

How do you distinguish people who have no intention from people who think that particular car is not worth the asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

sorsha wrote: »
    Ok, but what about "genuine buyer" who just doesn't like it -is he a time waster? Because this is how I feel about it and to be honest I wouldn't even bother calling this person. Selling any second hand stuff is not that easy and its time consuming. The same in every shop - hundreds of people coming in and out and not everyone is buying!

No a geninue buyer is different. Time wasters are in a class of their own.

People in shops are there all day it's different. People selling things privately and being messaged or called every hour by some twat with no real intent on buying, or how's just calling on the off chance of picking up some mega deal to sell on and make a few quick bucks themselves, calling every seller and chancing their arms, or someone who doesn't really have the money but wishes they did, or someone who just wants to take your sweet ride for a test drive, yeah there's a lot of time wasters.

If you aren't one don't worry. You can say you are a genuine buyer, you're looking to purchase a car but obviously it has to be up to standard. Just be polite and down to business and if they end up being a twat themselves feck them :) You're geninue, people tend to feel when someone's geninue or just a timewaster, you'll be grand. Don't be put off by the 'no timewasters' message, I wouldn't be cus I understand where they are coming from. I perhaps just wouldn't call them unless you thought you might actually buy the thing (as long as it's up to all standards of course!) :)

Good luck on your purchasing. If you're buying a car I'd always take it to a mechanic before signing off on the deal first to check for any major problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Man seeks woman for serious meaningful relationship.

NO DOGS!

• Advertisement
Advertisement