Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer - The Academy June 10th & 11th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd be disappointed if there was any booing too. Thankfully I don't have to worry about parking - I'm getting the train - but thanks for the advice regarding parking.

Looking forward to pints and metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any feedback on tonight's gig?

Looking forward to tomorrow night. :D

Passenger wrote: »

Damn, when I seen a new post I was assuming it would be a review on tonight's show! Hopefully the silence on here is an indication of everyone having had/having a great night.

Can't bloody wait for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Two weary men just dropped in and wound me up informing me they were ****....then telling me they were absolutely savage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I may see both of you there :P

• Advertisement

We'll be the ones with long hair, beards and band t-shirts. Say hello when you see us. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Good gig. Bostaph was great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

We'll be the ones with long hair, beards and band t-shirts. Say hello when you see us. ;)
    Can't be too many of them there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, just fcukin wow, amazing gig.

Holt and Bostoph are great musicians so no bother wit them.

The pit was just MENTAL.

First seen them in 87 and tonight was in the top 3 and I seen them around 15 times

Sounds great. Was the setlist similar to this, Scud?
    1. World Painted Blood
    2. Hallowed Point
    3. War Ensemble
    4. Hate Worldwide
    5. At Dawn They Sleep
    6. Stain of Mind
    7. Disciple
    8. Bloodline
    9. Mandatory Suicide
    10. Chemical Warfare
    11. Payback
    12. Seasons in the Abyss
    13. The Antichrist (First performance since July 16, 2011)
    14. Dead Skin Mask
    15. Hell Awaits
    16. Raining Blood

Encore:
    17. South of Heaven
    18. Angel of Death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Doors open at SEVEN
    Band starts at NINE. Two f**king hour wait.
    NO support band. Raggae music played until Slayer came on.

Awesome gig, though. Set lasted about an hour and a half.

=-=

Some f**ker was giving out to a kid that was being pushed at him. I told the old man to calm down. He proceeded to threaten the kid with his elbow. I told the old man to cop the f**k on, or I'll throw him into the pit. He seemed to quieten down a bit.

You're at the edge of a mosh pit.

Started pushing the kid though during the next song "I'm here here for the same reason you are", he says. "I'M HERE TO KICK ASS" I roar.

Flung him into the pit.

The f**king bully wasn't so big when I squared up to him in the pit. The coward pissed off. Pity. He may have felt big talking to the kid, but not when someone put him into his place.

Helped launch 6 people, got kicked in the head a few times, and gained a new hatred for those spiky belt things the punk rockers wear, as it scraped over my head, and helped sort out a wall of death. Next to some geezer who said "I'm too old for this sort of sh|t" :D

The mosh pit was insane. For the first three or four songs, it was proper violent, but quietened down to shoving and messing.

=-=

Roll on Exodus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

the_syco wrote: »
    Doors open at SEVEN
    Band starts at NINE. Two f**king hour wait.
    NO support band. Raggae music played until Slayer came on.

Awesome gig, though. Set lasted about an hour and a half.

=-=

Some f**ker was giving out to a kid that was being pushed at him. I told the old man to calm down. He proceeded to threaten the kid with his elbow. I told the old man to cop the f**k on, or I'll throw him into the pit. He seemed to quieten down a bit.

You're at the edge of a mosh pit.

Started pushing the kid though during the next song "I'm here here for the same reason you are", he says. "I'M HERE TO KICK ASS" I roar.

Flung him into the pit.

The f**king bully wasn't so big when I squared up to him in the pit. The coward pissed off. Pity. He may have felt big talking to the kid, but not when someone put him into his place.

Helped launch 6 people, got kicked in the head a few times, and gained a new hatred for those spiky belt things the punk rockers wear, as it scraped over my head, and helped sort out a wall of death. Next to some geezer who said "I'm too old for this sort of sh|t" :D

The mosh pit was insane. For the first three or four songs, it was proper violent, but quietened down to shoving and messing.

=-=

Roll on Exodus :)

The pit was mad for the first 3 songs! 2 busted lips and a busted nose in the first 2 songs!!

First time seeing Slayer tonight, best gig I've ever been at, they were ****ing fantastic!!!!! I would love to be going tomorrow night again!!!

Is the upper balcony open to all general admission tickets or a first come first serve basis?

Is the upper balcony open to all general admission tickets or a first come first serve basis?

Limit of 200 people. Get in early to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Stayed at the back/bar area at the barrier looking down.

That was some mosh pit to see!! I knew I wouldn't be able to physically take it after seeing the first few songs.

Great atmosphere, great setlist and a sore neck/back today :p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Unreal gig. It intense stuff from start to finish.

Was up on the balcony myself as my legs aren't up to it for moshing any more but I had a great view of everything. Pit looked good but a bit too over crowded to be anything more than a load of shoving about.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sounds great. Was the setlist similar to this, Scud?
    It was that exact set list as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Bloody brilliant gig, saw them years ago in the national stadium, much better last night.
    Hats off to Paul and Gary they did a bang up job.
    Tom really looked like he was enjoying himself and not just going through the motions.
    Great set list and a great tribute to Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Lads - I havent been in the Academy before - Is there much room downstairs at the back away from the pit, I am on crutches so don't want to have to make way upstairs but don't want to be to close to action either

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

DMG 1972 wrote: »
    Lads - I havent been in the Academy before - Is there much room downstairs at the back away from the pit, I am on crutches so don't want to have to make way upstairs but don't want to be to close to action either

Cheers

Stay at the back near the mixing desk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Absolutely mental gig, I was at the sound desk (the whole floor in front of me was a pit, basically) and stayed put (too old for the mosh these days). First time seeing Slayer, so I've finally crossed that off my bucket list. Awesome experience live, and Tom seemed to be genuinely enjoying it. Terrific setlist as well.

Ive decided to train it up instead of driving thankfully, looking forward to pints and Jäger (what else?)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone have any idea where the band are staying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where the band are staying?

No idea, sorry

Really wish I was there with you guys in Dublin, would have loved to go to this gig and see both nights, but alas couldn't afford tickets/flights/accomidation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cournioni wrote: »
    Pit looked good but a bit too over crowded to be anything more than a load of shoving about.
    T'was like that for a bit, but every once in a while a song would make us all go mental :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Kerry King will be at X Music at around half one today apparently!

Little vid i took last night, will upload a few more in a bit

scudzilla wrote: »
    Little vid i took last night, will upload a few more in a bit

Hah, you must have been standing beside me. I was beside that speaker to the right of your shot.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Hah, you must have been standing beside me. I was beside that speaker to the right of your shot.

Did you smell my fart? My other half nearly died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Really great to read all the positive reviews,can't frickin wait now.

Advertisement