Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braun Hand Blender

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

My mum bought me a braun hand blender in Kildae Village last october. About a week and a half ago the blade fell out of the blender and there does not seem to be a way to fix it. My mum has sent me on a copy of her credit card statement with the proof of purchase. I was wondering since this was purchased in october do I go back to the store it was bought in or do I contact braun directly?

I no longer have the box or any of the instruction leaflets but I read them all thoroughly and am sure I have not done anything that could have caused this. The part in question was dishwasher safe - there were only 2 parts that advised were not and these have not been put in the dishwasher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with the retailer, so I'd be getting in touch with the shop in Kildare Village - I presume it's the Home and Cook shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

dudara wrote: »
    Your contract is with the retailer, so I'd be getting in touch with the shop in Kildare Village - I presume it's the Home and Cook shop.

Or rather, her mother's contract is with the retailer. Technically the OP has no consumer rights as she didn't buy the item but it would be very unlikely a retailer would be so pedantic as to deal only with the mother.

OP you have 2 options,
    a) go to the shop with the proof of purchase from your mother and seek for a repair, replacement or refund under consumer law, or
    b) contact Braun directly and seek a claim under the manufacturer's guarantee (presumably it has one).

Advertisement