Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Driving licence in canada

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hey, I currently have a full Bus driving licence and was hoping to put it to good use in canada, but ive been doing some searching and seen that the licence is only good for a certain time.

I was just wondering is there anyone that has had experience of this if your licence is valid as ive heard that there is alot of job opportunities for driving work over there, planning to move to BC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You'll need to get a Canadian driving license

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinkerspony

you can get an internationals driving licence at home and drive with it for one year only. if its a uk licence they may reciprocate it for a canadian one but if its irish you ll have to re sit the road test for car etc...but the test is simple enough. bus and truck drivers are in big demand in Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I can't imagine they'll let him drive a truck or a bus on an international drivers license... surely they'd never get insurance? Anyway, with your Irish license you can just go in and sit the theory test, then skip the first of the road tests and jump straight to the last one. You should be able to turn that around in a couple of weeks to be honest. The standard of driving here is poor, so you'll have no problem passing

Advertisement