Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to get leather supplies?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

something I've wanted to do for ages now is start some leathercrafting, starting with making simple bracelets and accesories like that, but I don't know where to get things to get started. is there anywhere in Galway that does supplies for this?

Thanks! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Saoirse Saddlery ballinasloe. Cannot think of the Guys name but he actually makes his own stuff. If anyone can put you on the right track for supplies and tools he can

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps try Cregal Arts and similar shops? They may not have it but should know of people.
    Check in the market if someone there sells these, perhaps you can get pointers from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Amazon - combined with Parcel Motel's' Belfast address to make postage reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

There's a guy called Seamus O Callaghan near McDonagh's who is a saddler and supplies leather and leather products.
    Sound man.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/seamus-o-callaghan-galway-city/

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

i am also interested in this. I would like to make my own belt one time. Let me know if you find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 senisejus

you can get some tools from ebay.com, some from uk, leather i know only in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tyleroth

try the leather man in the galway market he will know where to get any tools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Slightly off topic, but occasionally i'm looking for a leather crafter (tooler) for an occasional craft market because there's a lack of (mens gifts?) this type of craft. PM me if you get off the ground ;)

Advertisement