Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping Sticky Notes Window to the top?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Hi there, can anyone tell me if there is some way that I can keep MS sticky notes visible (to the top/front of all the windows) on my desktop when working on other programs?

I've only just discovered it as a application, however I cant seem to find a way of doing the above, which seems bizarre given the function it is designed to fulfill.

I'm running windows 8 by the way.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

To keep sticky notes always visible on the desktop:

Open Sticky Notes by tapping the Start button, typing Sticky Notes in the search box, and then tapping Sticky Notes in the list of results.

Tap the Tools menu, point to Options, and then tap Always on Top.

I believe "tap" is the replacement for the "legacy action" known as click. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Torqay wrote: »
    I believe "tap" is the replacement for the "legacy action" known as click. ;)

Yeah I have searched far and wide across the web, and what you've post seems only to be relevant to Vista maybe not Win 7 and certainly not Win 8.
    There just isn't any opinion or tool menus with Win 8 version of sticky notes.

I've gathered this from the results yielded from other tech forums via a google; and not from MS's support site which is frankly sh!te.

Any recommendation for another similar application?

P.S. Damn you Windows 8 for battling with me each and every step during any task, and hiding whatever it is that I'm looking for in some weird discretely located folder.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Right, here's a workaround for Windows 7, to keep the notes always on top.

Alternatives here and here.

Advertisement