Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to carry spare tube

Options
  • 07-03-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

So it's getting close to the start of the season and I've been trying to figure out a way to carry my spare tube, tyre levers and CO2. Best idea so far looks like a bottle cage mounted behind my seat with a bottle in it full of the stuff. What do other people use? Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Just use a saddle-bag? I've a cheepo one from Lidl, it fits 2xtubes, levers, gas.

Although I love this answer on another forum:):
    According to the latest wind tunnel tests from Cobb, the most aero solution is to carry spare tubes and tools rectally. Lube choices are very personal but very important if you decide to go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

joey100 wrote: »
    So it's getting close to the start of the season and I've been trying to figure out a way to carry my spare tube, tyre levers and CO2. Best idea so far looks like a bottle cage mounted behind my seat with a bottle in it full of the stuff. What do other people use? Any ideas?

During a race?? Oly and Sprint I wouldn't carry spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 enzeder

I don't carry in Olympic and sprint races either but am doing a half ironman later this year and wondering if I should carry a spare tubular tyre with me and if so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Not sure about your second idea there Kurt, but don't know how I forgot about saddle bag, there is one on the turbo bike that I never took off and it was sitting about 2 foot away from me at eye level as I wrote that post. Sometimes I just over think things!

BTH, hope this isn't a stupid question but what happens if your on an out and back Olympic course and you get a puncture a good bit out. Know your race is pretty much over anyway but how would you get back??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I would beg every entrant going past me to ask the next Marshall on the road to get someone to pick me up or hope that a motorcycle marshall might go by and get you sorted. If the roads aren't closed - I would hold out the thumb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

You could also cut the top off an old water bottle, these are then great for holding tubes and the like. might want to consider a "lid" for it if raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

joey100 wrote: »
    I have one rolled up and taped to the bars between the frame and the back wheel. Just enough room for a tube, and two tools. Leave it there for commuting and racing.

Advertisement