Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a Cat

Options
  • 07-03-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I moved into a new place with my 1 year old cat 2 weeks ago, and she's still settling in. We previously lived in my mams house, and my mam and sister want me to bring her down to the house at the weekend to stay for a night.

I'm wondering if this is a good idea, or will it really confuse my cat?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

When I read the thread title, I thought to myself "It depends on how big she is; you'll need a lowloader anyway"!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tararrr

Yeh I didn't think that title through :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Depends on the travel distance; no it will not confuse her as much if she's indoor and there's other pets (i.e. dogs/cats etc.) that she's not met before but on flip side I'd not put my cat through a 4h run for a weekend if I could avoid it either. At the end it depends on how comfortable she is with new places (i.e. how did she react to your new apartment for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Your better off having your cat used to different placesand travelling in there cat box, always handy if you need to travel or are away for a weekend etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I wouldn't do it, tbh. Some cats can be quite like a homebird ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement