Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBRC/NAMA rental problem

Options
  • 07-03-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Renting an apartment through a letting agency. The immersion stopped working yesterday so contacted the agent to arrange someone to fix it. I was told that the property was owned by IRBC but now is NAMA. They apparently are refusing to authorise any works.
    The letting agent is trying to convince me that if I pay the plumber directly, and leave the rent short by that amount. I asked for that by email to confirm that it was ok but nothing from her yet.
    Basically the plumber is still owed for a fridge that was replaced in December and she is now also asking me to pay for that. Very reluctant to do so.
    Where would I stand if I leave the rent short or even don't pay it? We are paying the rent directly to the(ex)bank.

Anybody else in such a situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

OP, have you spoken to Threshold as yet? That might be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Yeah I just emailed them. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I'd be interested to know how this works out. If NAMA are now technjcally your landlord then they can't just refuse to fix issues with your property, however it being NAMA it's far from a normal situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

I've lived in a NAMA owned apartment for 2 years and have had no such issues. In fact they're pretty good landlords!
    But in my case the whole building is NAMA owned. Do you know in your case is it the building or just your apartment?

Advertisement