Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner- Dundalk

Options
  • 07-03-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭

Going to be in the area next week me and the better half, where would you recommend I'd take her? She prefers Italian, I'm not fussed either way!:p

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There's a fine-but-not-spectacular Italian called La Cantina on River Lane, just off Park Street.
    Chianti bottles (complete with reed coverings) hanging from the ceiling etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

32 is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

No 32 would be my recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

event wrote: »
    No 32 would be my recommendation
    +1
    Always thought it was quite small but there is an upstairs part :o Lovely menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

+1
    Always thought it was quite small but there is an upstairs part :o Lovely menu.

It's tiny yet VERY tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Plenty of nice places. Always really like Eno (though other half had a bad experience there last weekend & says we are never going back!).

McGeoughs is a pub, but very nice food.

Fitzpatricks if you can travel out of town a bit.

In Ardee (about 20mins away) Fuschia House is excellent.

Is a couple of places that do basics very well but nothing overly exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nicest food I've had around the town in a while has actually been in the Market Bar. Chef in there is excellent. Have only eaten in there once and if I remember correctly I thought the portions were a tad scabby but I was very impressed with the quality of food.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hard to beat the Windsor on Dublin street. The Rabbit is excellent. As is the steak.

Pighead wrote: »
    Nicest food I've had around the town in a while has actually been in the Market Bar. Chef in there is excellent. Have only eaten in there once and if I remember correctly I thought the portions were a tad scabby but I was very impressed with the quality of food.

forgot all about this place. was there around christmas, lovely food I have to say.
    Pighead, its a tapas menu, might explain why they were small

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

event wrote: »

forgot all about this place. was there around christmas, lovely food I have to say.
    Pighead, its a tapas menu, might explain why they were small
    I actually had the steak. Girlfriend had tapas. Steak absolutely gorgeous but plate looked a bit bare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 B 12

Fitzpatricks would my fave, not that far out of town either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 conkerrigan

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Going to be in the area next week me and the better half, where would you recommend I'd take her? She prefers Italian, I'm not fussed either way!:p

Cheers
    Simple the Windsor bar & restaurant in Dublin st. You will have to wait one hour plus but everyone knows thus and so worth it....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cheers for feedback boys and girls.

So basically La Cantina and 32, which is bigger. 32 has an upstairs aye?

Nothing more annoying than really small places where you are paranoid about everyone hearing your conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 El Paso

Only problem with the Windsor is they never EVER change the menu.
    Left Bank is great but pricey. Dundalk really needs a good Italian though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Eno is decent when it comes to Italian. Opposite St. Patrick's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Thanks for all your help boys and girls, reckon all the Italian places will be busy on Paddys day?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AdamOHare

Eno for me gets top marks simply because they buy as much of their veg from Dundalk growers and their fish comes from Dundalk/Carlingford.

Oh and the food is always wonderful.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pighead wrote: »
    I've been pretty much everywhere else in town apart from the Market Bar, I must check it out. I'd imagine the portion size is down to it being a tapas bar. Do they have Petatas Bravas on the menu?

yes they do

Advertisement