Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuji X100

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Little update

I collected my x100S last Friday. Went for a walk down to the beach the day after and these are some of the pics.
    Got to say it was definitely work the upgrade from the x100 for the new AF alone. ITs super quick now. The manual focus is really fun too - the option of split image or focus peaking is excellent, as is the Q button and moving the AF selection point to the main wheel.
    These are all jpegs SOOC with no PP other than minor crops (imported to LR and then exported to flickr). Camera was on Aperture priority, min shutter speed 1/125 and max 3200 iso. Pro Neg Hi setting in camera.

8598807705_5e6626875d_c.jpg

ISO3200
    8598808359_0d4fa44fba_c.jpg

8598808801_96b37b58d7_c.jpg

And a few more PP'd in lightroom from the following days
    8601845813_9bec722fb4_c.jpg

8602954976_e81d0c0928_c.jpg

8602955226_92b3da7cf8_c.jpg

8605744698_0669848f11_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

glad you got your x100s - have been using it quite a bit recently will also post some pics.

Great images btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Is there any place selling the X100S in Ireland or Europe yet ? I can't find it anywhere ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is there any place selling the X100S in Ireland or Europe yet ? I can't find it anywhere ?

Berminghams list is as in stock
    http://berminghamcameras.ie/fujifilm-finepix-x100s.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

That seems like a great price too :D thanks, Now for a nice win in the grand national and it's mine lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

And I spotted a couple of used X100 in the 2nd hand window when I passed by this morning. Presumably left there by brand new X100s owners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Bump bump.

There's new firmware out for the X100 (that's right, not the x100s) and it greatly improves the speed of the camera, the focusing speed, the focusing distance and a bunch more bits and bobs. Fair play to Fuji for still working on updates.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/finepix_x100/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Wow, that's great to hear. Seems like it addresses most of what infuriates me about my X100. I had assumed there wouldn't be any more updates so people would be more inclined to upgrade.

Just came across something else after doing the update. In the past if I had tried to take a photo with no memory card in the camera it gave the error that internal memory was full. I could never take or play back photos from any internal memory and just thought it a weird quirk. Since the update however it's letting me shoot to an internal memory. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've had the x100 (pre 2.0 firmware) and the now the x100s. Both let me shoot to an internal memory. You can only get 3-4 shots from memory.
    I used it to take a shot of my contact details if the camera was ever lost

• Advertisement

Just noticed it reverted to jpeg only when I updated. Switched it to raw + jpeg and it said there was no room. I guess that why I never noticed it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Like others before me, I have made the decision to go mirrorless. I am missing out on so many photo opportunities because I don't have the heart to carry the DSLR around for general-purpose activities anymore.

My heart is set on the Fuji X series. The X100t comes out, I believe, in a couple of days' time. From reading the previews I'm finding it hard to tell just how much of an upgrade it is going to be over the X100s. There are a couple of X100s on Adverts.ie at the moment for pretty reasonable prices (€650-700) and they are tempting me.

Edit: The X100t is already out it seems. It can be gotten for €1,075 here (better than Amazon's £999).

So now I'm trying to figure out if a brand new X100T is a better choice than a second-hand X100S to the tune of €400 or so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bugger it. X100T ordered. Cannot wait!

Advertisement