Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition pre Pilates classes

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been doing reformer pilates classes for the last 5 weeks or so and really love it. I've moved up a level in the last week but tonight felt quite weak during the class. I didn't eat much today so I blame the weakness on that rather than an increase in the intensity of the class (although that didn't help!).

My question is, what is a good pre Pilates meal that will give me energy but not make me feel full/bloated during the class which IMO hinders my movement. I'm doing a high protein (not low carb) diet as well so if I could stick to that at the same time that would be ideal.

Thanks all,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plutonium Kun

Not quite low-carb, but I make rice balls (onigiri) to eat for lunch and during the day before an evening class, I find it easier on the tummy. I just use smoked mackerel or salmon and some olives as a filler, and wrap them in sushi rice and nori paper. I think the key thing is not so much what to eat, but how much and when - much better to eat two or three small meals during the day than a big lunch. If I make rice balls, I just munch three or four of them through the day.

http://www.justhungry.com/2007/01/onigiri_omusubi_revisited_an_e.html

If you have a rice cooker, its super easy to make them the evening before.

In the hour before the class if I'm feeling a little hungry, a banana or energy bar is best I think. I will usually eat a Clif Bar.

http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_clif_bar/

Advertisement