Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitty Kiernans

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Is this pub any good as im looking for somewhere for Mothers day thats beside teh China Kitchen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dubstarr wrote: »
    Is this pub any good as im looking for somewhere for Mothers day thats beside teh China Kitchen

We are talking about the one on Collins Avenue, are we?

Don't know the pub itself, but they have a decent All-You-Can-Eat for 10 Euro offer in that Chinese place across the road. You could stay in there and try the pork in satay sauce. Totally yummy :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

That's the exciting part of Collins Avenue. Where you play dodge the crazy pedestrian jumping out on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes we are going to all you can eat but want to know bout teh pub.We just stoping for a few drinks first,its not dodgy or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It's not dodgy at all.

Thats grand thats all i wanted to know thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If its The Jolly Beggar Man its a grand pub, good pint and decent crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

If its The Jolly Beggar Man its a grand pub, good pint and decent crowd.

That's a blast from the past, it hasn't been called the Jolly for nearly ten years. Locally it was known as the Happy Knacker. :-D

That's a blast from the past, it hasn't been called the Jolly for nearly ten years. Locally it was known as the Happy Knacker. :-D

I know, I'm local enough to use it a few times but I didn't want to run the gauntlet of moderators.

Much better pub than The Goblet and that kip up in Beaumont!.

I know, I'm local enough to use it a few times but I didn't want to run the gauntlet of moderators.

Much better pub than The Goblet and that kip up in Beaumont!.

That 'kip up in Beaumont'? Has it yellow painted walls? ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That China Kitchen place does some business,I was in it once was grand my sisters and Mrs are always in.

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    That 'kip up in Beaumont'? Has it yellow painted walls? ;)

Yup, got to have the worse bar staff ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Kitty's is grand. Go to the right when you go in the main door to get to the Lounge. The bar is on the left and may be more suited to the sports and horse racing crowd so if you are with the mother the Lounge is the way to go. It is a relaxed place. Staff are good and friendly. It is also only 30 seconds from the China Kitchen.

Thats good thanks for all the help

Yup, got to have the worse bar staff ever.

Used to go there for dinner, when I have the parents over, seems like the portions are getting smaller every time as well :eek:

Whats the grub like in china kitchen

dubstarr wrote: »
    Whats the grub like in china kitchen

Decent enough, I would say. But always believe, if the waitress says, the sauce is hot, she is right ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement