Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belsonic 2013

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:17pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

bel13lineup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Not overly impressed with tonight's announcement. Went up last year to Thin Lizzy and James Morrison and really enjoyed.

Thought this year they would have brought it to a new level. I'll probably head to Jake Bugg. Would love to see Ben Howard again but clashing with Slane I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

For me the line ups better than last year. Basement Jaxx, Suede and Jake Bugg are excellent headliners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Might go to Basement Jaxx. Nothing else really for me this year. Wouldn't mind seeing BMTH but the support would need to be good. That's the last time they'll ever be on bill before BFMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Really thought Fall Out Boy were going to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Might go up for Bullet for my Valentine. A band I've always wanted to see but seem to ignore Ireland for tours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

There's another few nights still TBA, most of the better acts in previous years came in the second wave of announcements.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

How many people does the Custom House hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

5,000~ But apparently even when the gigs are sold out there's plenty of space.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

5,000~ But apparently even when the gigs are sold out there's plenty of space.

Thanks for that. Thinking of going to Basement Jaxx but not a fan of crowded spaces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Woohoo! Got tickets to see Ben Howard :D

Absolutely delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

wrote:
    NINE INCH NAILS, JAMES, THE COURTEENERS, MICHAEL KIWANUKA, ASIWYFA, GOJIRA, NINA NESBITT, SOAK & SILHOUETTE announced for Belsonic 2013!!!

Legendary American Industrial act NINE INCH NAILS headline Belsonic at Custom House Square on 21st August 2013, their first ever Northern Irish live show. Support comes from ASIWYFA. Tickets go onsale Friday 31st at 9am from www.belsonic.com & Ticketmaster!

Iconic Manchester rock band JAMES join the bill for Belsonic on Saturday August 24th as special guests to SUEDE. Tickets are onsale NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Would be very interested in going to Nine Inch Nails & ASIWYFA but travel would likely be a real pain. Anybody got advice on the nearby accommodation if it comes to that? Cheaper the better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would be very interested in going to Nine Inch Nails & ASIWYFA but travel would likely be a real pain. Anybody got advice on the nearby accommodation if it comes to that? Cheaper the better :P

Where you travelling from? Buses run all night to Dublin. I'm flying in from Berlin, bus to Belfast, back to Dublin then onto Cork for this one, be home by 9am I hope. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Mushy wrote: »
    Where you travelling from? Buses run all night to Dublin. I'm flying in from Berlin, bus to Belfast, back to Dublin then onto Cork for this one, be home by 9am I hope. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Dundalk. So the bus bypasses me altogether and there aren't any buses running from Dublin to Dundalk that late. Really want to go so staying at the youth hostel could be an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

Does anyone know what time the Bullet For My Valentine show finishes at on 26th August? the last bus I can get is at 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the Bullet For My Valentine show finishes at on 26th August? the last bus I can get is at 11.30

Its the UK so similar to the republic curfew for outdoor events is 11, will personally know more as im headin to NIN a few days before your said gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Also interested in NiN, nightmare travelling up and back midweek though. Wonder what the chances are of a Dublin gig?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

nope no chance of a dublin gig :rolleyes: pretty p*ssed off about !!!

i think its utter bollox that nine inch nails are playing bellsonic!! NIN to a capacity of 5000 venue ?? **** that !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A V A wrote: »
    i think its utter bollox that nine inch nails are playing bellsonic!! NIN to a capacity of 5000 venue ?? **** that !!!!

Capacity wise its probably perfect for them over here tbh

Headliners usually come on at 9ish so say a 90 minute show and you'll be fine, but as above, curfew is 11.

Headliners usually come on at 9ish so say a 90 minute show and you'll be fine, but as above, curfew is 11.

have you been to belsonic before? the bus station is about a 30 minute walk away i think

have you been to belsonic before? the bus station is about a 30 minute walk away i think

Yes. And yeah but it'd be a 3min taxi ride and there's always a bunch of taxis outside so your best bet is to jump in one of those.

so could one explain how the situation would go for someone wanting to go from dublin?? get the train to??and so on?

A V A wrote: »
    so could one explain how the situation would go for someone wanting to go from dublin?? get the train to??and so on?

Bus to Europa Bus Station, 15 min walk/3 min taxi to concert then reverse home. Could get a train up but you wouldn't make the last one home.

how long would the bus journey be?

Think its around 2-2.5 hours. Tis grand, and you just sleep the whole way back!

It turns out my last bus is 11pm not 11.30 so probably would be risky going though i think i heard that translink make some changes to their services for it. Public transport in northern ireland is a joke, coaches run all through the night in england

• Advertisement

It turns out my last bus is 11pm not 11.30 so probably would be risky going though i think i heard that translink make some changes to their services for it. Public transport in northern ireland is a joke, coaches run all through the night in england

The bus runs once every hour, 24 hours: Link

Advertisement