Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belsonic 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

The bus runs once every hour, 24 hours: Link

the belfast to derry (via anywhere rural) service i mean though, 212, though on tuesday to thursdays and sundays it runs until 12 midnight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Basement Jaxx tonight. Can't wait. Decided to make a weekend out of it and stay the weekend in Belfast :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what is the total capacity of belsonic??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

5,000 I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Nine Inch Nails and ASIWYFA on Wednesday, I'm already so very excited :D

Anybody else heading up from Dublin? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Few of us getting the bus that day, can't wait, was there for biffy cylro before, it's a great venue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yes im headin up from dublin should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ben Howard was fantastic on Saturday night...shame so many smartphones ruining the gig. Literally more people recording/watching it on their phone than looking at the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to seeing Suede and James on Saturday. Got tickets as soon as it was announced that Suede were playing and it was a beautiful bonus when James were announced as support. Two excellent bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Ben Howard was fantastic on Saturday night...shame so many smartphones ruining the gig. Literally more people recording/watching it on their phone than looking at the stage.

This ^^^

Ben Howard was excellent, as expected and the support act, Nick Mulvey was brilliant too. The amount of people taking photos/videos with their smartphones was ridiculous. And then some people were taking selfies during the actual performance :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

yup.. cant wait

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Try check out The Minutes , they are opening the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Try check out The Minutes , they are opening the gig
    you sure, thought it was Little Matador or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are The Minutes playing too? That would be class, but haven't seen it listed anywhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

you sure, thought it was Little Matador or something?
    Mushy wrote: »
    Are The Minutes playing too? That would be class, but haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Yea i noticed on the poster it doesnt have them but on their FB it did. So not sure anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Don;t think The Minutes are playing anymore. Seems they played Vital with KOL instead.

Little Matador are a decent replacement though, Nathan from Snow Patrols side project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cracking gig in Belfast on Saturday evening. Venue was lovely, no mad queues for beer and most importantly both bands were in fine form. Tim Booth's dancing is still weirdly wonderful. Getting Away With It (All Messed Up) has been running round my head all weekend. Great tune.

Suede put on a great performance as usual. Opened with High rising which was a nice surprise as I'd never seen them play it live before. Played about twenty songs in total with about six off them off the new album. Sometimes I Feel I'll Float Away was my personal highlight.

Advertisement