Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trekking in Yosemite

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Going to YNP for 3 days next month. Was just wondering about the selection of trails available? Would there be many options whereby runners would suffice or will I need my hiking boots? Just planning the packing :rolleyes:

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you will need hiking boots no doubt as even the easy trails in yosemite valley will still have alot of snow in april

sentinel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I would suggest hiking boots regardless. If you don't have a good pair, wait until you get to the US and go to a sports or department store, you'll get great quaity hiking boots for 1/3 of what you'll pay in ireland. Any of the welcome centers in the park will have trail maps and they have trails to suit everyone, from leisurly strolls to challenging climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Book accommodation early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Thanks. Seems the boots are a must so. I have boots but my BF doesn't own a pair. Was just wondering if totally necessary for 3 days of out trip but if the easy trails have snow, then guess we both need them.

Great to hear that the gear is that much cheaper stateside too. Can't wait!

Accom booked in Mariposa. Any other advice? Will it be c-c-c-c-old?? Guessing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

If you go to higher elevations it will be colder, but generally in late March/April the day time temps are around 20 degrees or a few degrees below.....but the temps do drop after sunset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement