Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad editing

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just listened to Dizee Rascal's "bassline junkie" on beat102/103 the lyrics of the chorus are as follows

I don’t need no speed, no
    I don’t need no heroin, no thanks
    I don’t want no coke, not today
    You can keep your ketamine, yeah
    I’m a bassline junkie, what?
    I’m a bassline junkie, tell them again
    I’m a bassline junkie, tell them again
    And I like it funky

The words speed, heroin, coke and ketamine were blanked/edited out by the radio station, surely considering the context in which they're used they could be left in. Editing them out is like the station is taking pro drug stance(maybe thats a bit harsh but yee get the idea)

Anyway, rant over:pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I doubt the radio station did that themselves. It was most likely the record company that made a 'clean' version.

Many years ago (1993 I think) I bought a Coolio CD and all the swear words had been edited out really badly. The record company didn't just cut out the swear words, but the actual music. Everywhere there should have been a swear word there was just total silence. It was so annoying that I brought it back to the shop and exchanged it for the 'explicit' version, which was about four minutes longer.

In more recent years I've heard bleeps or record scratches covering up swear words.

Advertisement