Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to rent a apartment?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi everyone

My friend bought a apartment in city west about 2 years ago,now he lost his job and he will go to other country,he want to ask how to rent his apartment to pay his mortgage .

The first choice is let property agent do this job,But how much they will charge?what s document do we need to show them? anyone have ideas?

If He want to ask me to look after this property when he left here, I be landlord to rent it ,what do I need to do?just pay ad on the daft?what do I need to do next?

I have no any experience at all,please help! many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Your friend would be exceptional if the rent would cover the mortgage. There are also costs associated with renting the property, PRTB registration, NPPR (this year only), property tax and also income tax. If they don't use an agent the tenants need to forward 20% of the rent direct to revenue.

A good resource is www.irishlandlord.com

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

athtrasna wrote: »
    Your friend would be exceptional if the rent would cover the mortgage. There are also costs associated with renting the property, PRTB registration, NPPR (this year only), property tax and also income tax. If they don't use an agent the tenants need to forward 20% of the rent direct to revenue.

A good resource is www.irishlandlord.com

many thanks ,I will check this web now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If they don't use an agent the tenants need to forward 20% of the rent direct to revenue.

This bit is important, and generally not well known either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

If you do not know how to go about renting an apartment and don't know all the laws relating to renting (landlords' rights and obligations, tenants' rights and obligations, housing standards for rented property etc) then I would strongly suggest that you use a good agent for everything - finding and vetting tenants, look after the tenancy and a good agent might also look after the income tax implications and other taxes.

Unfortunately, good agents are far and few between.

Advertisement